Respected Contributor

Just for fun - describe the most perfect outfit you ever owned?

For some reason I was reminded today of my most perfect dress.

Was in my early 20's (40 years ago!) {#emotions_dlg.scared} and bought a dress that fit like a glove. A dusky, muted indescribable color (not aqua, not teal, not turquoise) Qiana wrap-look dress with a deep "v" neck, long sleeves & sash, and yards of fabric in the skirt. I felt and looked so glamorous! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Describe yours...

Denise
Super Contributor

Re: Just for fun - describe the most perfect outfit you ever owned?

The outfit that comes to mind is one I wore in my mid-30s. It was purchased at Harold's and consisted of a black georgette silk short-sleeve fitted blouse and a matching skirt that was fitted at the waist, then fell to mid-calf-length. The cut of both pieces was so feminine. I loved it at first sight!

I remember wearing the skirt with a couple of different tops (such as a short-sleeve silk sweater) to get even more mileage from it. But the two black pieces worked for so many occasions. I wore the outfit to work and I wore it to funerals and other serious occasions.

Sadly, after much wear over a few years, the pieces had small snags on them. I would have bought replacements in a heartbeat, but I never saw anything like it in the store again.

Thanks for bringing back a good outfit memory!