Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, APRIL 24)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a new day, one filled with new opportunities. The past is the past; we cannot change it but we can make the most of today.

I do like the TSV and haven't bought a diamond ring in years. I like the look of this ring and would like one in color. The problem is deciding between the blue and the yellow, as well as the size. Order one, order two and then make the decision or not order at all?

I have a primary doctor's appointment this morning, followed by work. I will also work tomorrow.

In my haste to post, I discovered a Thursday thread "already started" by LindaR and posted to it. Apparently someone is having fun bumping threads. The moral is to check the date stamp on when the thread was started as well as the last date of a post. For that reason, I added today's date.

I am off to the doctor's appointment and work. Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, APRIL 24)

I'm watching Susan Graver as I gulp my last coffee before going to the doctor. There are many things of hers that I like, but the tops are becoming super expensive for my budget. I do agree that her items seem to last a long time but when one likes a fresh boost to the wardrobe, the 30% off at Kohls seems to do the trick.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Good morning Jean. I still check my store's website and ask myself why. I have a $40 off coupon so I need to go spend it but there is nothing I need. I found a beautiful top but ordered it too small, by the time I got it and reordered it was sold out.

I felt better yesterday and again tried to eat good, drink water, and went to bed at a respectable hour so I feel pretty good this morning. Kayla is coming to spend the day with Dad so she will be at the house when I get home.

I did notice this morning that "mayhem" has been here. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Esteemed Contributor

Kathleen--Out of sight, out of mind is something for us all to keep in mind. If we don't check a store website, then we would not be tempted by an offering. The same goes for on-air presentations, email lures of specials, etc. I do hope you find something on which to spend the "reward." I have one of those Kohls cash rewards but we all know those are designed to tempt us to shop again and shop more than perhaps we had planned.

I'm at work during an early lunch break. The doctor's appointment actually went on schedule to permit me to get here on time. I reinforced a message to them that I needed to be at work at a certain time.

Respected Contributor

I have a friend who I would love to take shopping but she would be shocked at the prices and I don't think she would enjoy what she got.

I don't like the Kohl's new reward program at all. My last reward went unspent and now I don't even pay attention. I got Kohl's cash off my last order but I deleted it because I'm quite sure I will be returning some of those panels. However, considering covering the cushions with them!

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon:

Oh I agree about SG--some of her prices are high! Inching up---yes selective shopping. I was browsing a catalog--saw a lovely blouse---then I remembered although I loved it--wasn't something that was a need--reality check time.

Kathleen: How sweet that your DD will be spending the afternoon and be home when you arrive.

I appreciate on time medical apts. I do understand that sometimes things happen and push things back---but it is nice to be seen on time.

Respected Contributor

They stopped by and took me to lunch! I put a roast in the crockpot too so I will have little prep work when I get home. DD is really happy with her new boyfriend - I know, she didn't waste any time! It is good to see her so happy. They went to a gun range in Austin to do some shooting this afternoon.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening! Sorry to be so late in posting, but at first I had trouble getting on the site, and then DH and I went to lunch with my newcomers group. There were seven couples, and it was a lot of fun. It was a new place (for me), but well known in the area (it is about 25 miles south). The food was good if expensive, but the company was better.

Glad you fit in your appointment and work Jean. I haven't bought many SG things recently for that exact reason. I am "stalking" some of her pants, but they have been out of stock for months. Meanwhile, I purchased a blouse yesterday at a store in the "shopping center" near the estate attorney's office. There were very few stores in the shopping center, and I had never been in this one (Bon Worth), but I saw a blouse in the window that really got my attention. Funny thing is that I bought a different blouse -- but the same style. I paid $25 which bothered me a bit since I usually buy things on sale or at discount stores. But, then I realized that was less than most of the tops sold on Q, and there was no S&H. I need to get over the "bargain" issue since "bargains" aren't really so if you don't wear them much.

The attorney visit went okay, but the man is in very bad shape (physically). He even told us who we could use if something happens to him.

Today DH and I went for our walk (nice). I found out that my insurance will pay part of the fee for a gym membership -- you pay $25 to join and then $25 a month. After debating it for a while, I decided to try it. You need to pay for three months, but then you can cancel if you don't like it.

Glad your DD is so happy and you are doing better Kathleen. I have split pea soup in the crockpot, and it smells good.

It is dangerous to look at those catalogs sometimes LindaR. Glad you had your "reality check" moment. I am doing that a lot lately.

Waves to Arlene, twinny, Karen, Susan, Marijane, Nancy, Sonya, Val, Rosa, Gayle, Kathy, and all of our posters and readers.

Sleep well everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Kathleen: Your DD is a very cute gal---not surprised to her she has new interests!.

LindaL: Oh my--at least he gave you a referral for another attorney.

Yes, I agree that buying local is sometimes the way to go---no shipping, waiting, and you can try it on--or hold it up to you and see if it fits.

I was on my way to bible study when a pick up went flying past me. Just as he was ahead of me the ladder in the back flew out---I headed for the median--picturing it flying through my windshield, etc. Fortunately it bounced and ended up on the median on the other side---out of the lane of traffic going FAST!! By the time they pulled over they were way up the road.

We had a planning meeting after bible study for our ladies event on Sunday---have a meeting on Saturday morning and then need to pick up some food items. I had found some great tablecloths at Amazon---heavy fabric--oodles of colors and under $10. Beats plastic one use ones----I have used some that I bought initially and they wash great. When I first was browsing there were a bit more--but still not a bad price---when I decided to purchase I was delighted to see the price had dropped. I am thinking of some other colors for holidays. Initially bought purple---fits our theme---and they were really rich and nice colors---I have washed them a few times and they do well. Love Amazon---it is fast becoming my "go to" when I am looking. I appreciate the reviews.