Super Contributor

disappointed with the Carole Hochman TSV coming up

The email announcement for the TSV arrived today. The good things are pockets on the pants and petite sizes offered. The negatives are 3/4 sleeves on the jacket and cotton/rayon blend.

I know that many people love the 3/4 sleeves, my opinion is long sleeves can be pushed up but 3/4 sleeves cannot be pulled down. I put the jacket on if I am cold, I need the sleeves to cover up. Not sure why they went with a blend, my jammies have to be 100% cotton. I am so sorry I did not buy more sets last year, I just love the set I did buy. It is so hard to find petite sizes in 100% cotton anywhere.

This year I will not be buying the TSV. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Respected Contributor

Re: disappointed with the Carole Hochman TSV coming up

I've never bought any Carole Hochman but I'd be curious to know what is the price of the TSV? Most long sleeves are too long for me anyway so I don't usually have a problem with 3/4 sleeves and petite length bottoms are a huge plus.

ETA: Found the details in another thread. Will watch the presentation and see what I think.

Honored Contributor

Sorry for your disappointment. I bought a Carole Hochman gown one time and returned it because the lace was very itchy. I buy my gowns at Walmart for about $15.00. They wash and wear like iron, cute prints.
Honored Contributor

I think it's an open-front jacket/cardi type thing. I don't do open front with no closure.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

I was too thank God!!!

Only because I literally have hundreds of Carol Hochman p.j.s Now if I just don't watch the show..........................

I admit it,I'm a CH junkie and I cannot resist!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/23/2014 winamac1 said:

I think it's an open-front jacket/cardi type thing. I don't do open front with no closure.

it also has a tank the open front is a jacket and it has pj pants. Very cute I have a few of them

Super Contributor

I wear a plus size and I like the cotton gowns at Walmart for about $14 and several varieties from The Woman Within catalog, $20 -$30. I won't be buying this TSV because by May it's too hot here for 3/4 length sleeves.
Super Contributor

Even in the petite I think the pants are too long.. They have a 26.5"" inseam which is long for a Capri. I would need 21-22 inches.

Respected Contributor

I bought one of her tsv's 1 time. It was the last time.wrinkled the shelf bra was uncomfortable and it faded. Stan Herman is way beyter IMHO.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Occasional Contributor

RedTabby, I would try EBay -- I've purchased 3 sets of Carole Hochman PJ's, all of them the 3 piece type with the tank & cardigan. All were new and cost around $18-20, with either free or reasonable shipping from various sellers. Just type in Carole Hochman in the search box on EBay and you'll find some (varying sizes of course, but I've always been able to find a few in size Small, for instance). Good luck!