Honored Contributor

Why do they keep dressing the hosts in such tight clothing?

I don't think it is at all attractive. It just looks like they need to go up a size. Today MBR had on a maxi dress that just made her look hippy IMO and would have looked much better if it had not been so tight over her hip area. She is a curvy woman and that accentuated her hips. I actually liked that dress but chose not to order it because it did not compliment her and I am built much like her.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why do they keep dressing the hosts in such tight clothing?

I agree! Some folks wear clothes tight in real life (not on TV). I dislike that, too. Tight clothes almost always make one look fat. Besides, tight clothes are uncomfortable.
Super Contributor

I am pretty sure the host decides what size they wish to wear. It's all about choices.

Respected Contributor

I don't think it's just at QVC. Seems like all the women I see on tv are wearing very close-fitting clothes. It's not my place to judge them, though. I don't like it when my clothes fit too closely; it feels restrictive.

Respected Contributor

So they can say they're wearing an extra small!

Trusted Contributor

It isn't just here it is everywhere on TV. I watched the final episode of Face Off last night and the woman who hosts that program looked liked her clothes were painted on and her heels were so high it didn't even look like anything but the very edge of her toes was touching the floor. She does stand fairly stationary, which might be because she can hardly move or walk, once she is in place. She is a very slim & attractive person, but would look better if her clothes didn't look so uncomfortable.

Honored Contributor

Most of what many call tight fitting would be swimmingly big in a larger size. I see a lot of women who wear a larger size than they need and just look rather sloppy.

Super Contributor

Seriously?! Just looked at the video from this morning, and if you're talking about the purple dress she had on, it's far from being tight!

Honored Contributor

I have noticed it too. IMO, it makes the person look larger, and uncomfortable. Jill said a long time ago they had a fashion expert tell the hosts that a majority of women wear their tops too big. Judging from QVC I disagree.
Regular Contributor

Now wait a minute.....if you liked the dress and thought that it was too tight on MB, why did you decide not to buy? All you had to do was to buy the size you normally wear. I think just want to complain. MB tight fitting dress should not have been your determining factor.