Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a cool but sunny day with temps about 12 degrees below normal. I decided today to make an effort to clean glass doors and windows, of which this house has too many windows. I know I won't complete the task today but I'll start the effort and do what I can. Incidentally, I'm using those "It Works" cleaning blocks which do work without the use of cleansers, etc.

As far as the TSV is concerned, I'm not opposed to QF but they could have eliminated the tote on the TSV and cut the price...or added another top in place of the tote.

I had an item earmarked "Out for Delivery" by UPS yesterday. It never arrived. Today, I saw that delivery status had reverted back to "Arrived at..." city in which it would have been loaded on the truck. It should be showing "Out for Delivery" by now as the truck leaves far before this time, but it is not showing that.

FedEx has my Kohls online order I placed for 30% off sitting in Ohio since Saturday. I know FedEx doesn't process things on Monday but I could have driven 170 miles and have picked the thing up yesterday. Time will tell is the status update is lying on the FedEx order.

I have a routine doctor's appointment tomorrow. This is the type that isn't really necessary as far as I am concerned but they need to do a follow up on all that has taken place. Following the appointment, I'll likely go to the city and load up with groceries to replace preferred items. I'm down to my last preferred low fat greek yogurt which is not sold here as well as some other items.

Right now, I'm watching Criminal Minds and taking a break from cleaning the glass. I just don't have the energy I once had.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely. Don't let the TSV lobster bite!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Valued Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY)

Big day here. Just got done walking, will color my hair and then leftovers for lunch. Beautiful weather here, will do some housework today. Boring updates from me. Hope everyone has a good day.

Esteemed Contributor

Gayle--You are looking after self: walking and coloring your hair, followed by using leftovers. No waste on the food! Boring update? I think most of us live a routine life.

I have housework ADHD. I did the glass entrance door and the glass storm door. Then I remembered part of the lawn deco that needed to be put out, so I switched to that. Now, that one set has been put out, I'm watching QF. Who knows what I will do next?

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Gayle, same here. Beautiful weather, birds are singing. I had to turn on AC in the office. I have my women's group tonight so will pick up Panda Express (delicious but not healthy at all) for supper and try to be home in time for Survivor.

Jean that is the way that I clean at home, always has been. I flit around the house for a while then I'm done.

I have been uber worn out the past 2 days. Yesterday went home and laid on the couch all night again, and went to bed at 8 something. The good news is that I was able to get out of bed and felt more energy this morning. I was so tired that I was a little worried about myself.

I feel time slipping through my hands. Hugs to all!

Regular Contributor

Hi Ladies!!! I haven't checked in much, but have been following daily. You are ever in my thoughts and prayers, Rosa. I was happy to read an update yesterday. Hopefully, she feels all the hugs and prayers we are sending her way.

Jean - I know the ADHD feeling...happens to me all the time. I try to use the timer on my phone to focus on only one thing at a time, for 15 mins. at a time. Sometimes it works, but sometimes, I find myself all over the place!!! You looked great in the photos on FB. How fun to spend time with your cousin!!

Gayle - not many of us lead really exciting lives, so don't feel your updates are "boring". Good for you on the walking...I don't color my own hair, but a coloring always makes me feel better about myself.

Kathleen - keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, too as you prepare for your lifestyle changes...hang in there, I'm sure "He" has a plan for you.

We've been going through some health challenges in my family...please continue to keep us in your prayers. We truly appreciate it!!!

I'm glad tax season is over, although we still have alot going on at work, including a move to new office space. I'm taking it as a good time to weed out and clean out. The shredding company is coming Saturday, so I am filling boxes for that. It is starting to feel like Spring...one of my favorite times of year, so I plan to get some decluttering done here and at home.

Better get moving...enjoy the day!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Karen--Thank you for the comment on the photos. We had a great time, and I think it showed in the photos. Using the timer is a great idea, especially if it is a task one dreads doing. I think we can handle anything for 15 minutes. Have "fun" with getting those boxes filled for the shredding company.

Kathleen--I think you might have a combo of physical and emotional exhaustion dealing with the RV purchase, the impending move, buying for the RV, and still keeping up with the work. Change and the thought of it is challenging and can be very draining. Glad you are feeling better today.

Property Brothers has a marathon starting at 1pm. I might find myself tuned to it while I go through some items.

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Jean - Thank you for starting us today, glad you have some sun, we have nothing. We are also below our normal temps, I wish the warm weather would come and STAY. Good luck with the cleaning, I should clean today but I may just go walk thru TJ Maxx for giggles. I also have ADHD when it come to cleaning, some days I am all over the place and wonder why nothing really looks cleaned up.

Gayle - Any day I can walk and get my hair done, is a good day. The alternative is not so good. Have a good day.

Kathleen - I think you are so tired because everything is just catching up with you. Get some extra rest, you will feel better. I wish we had weather would make me turn on the AC.

Karen - Glad to hear from you, hope the health challenges are over soon. Enjoy the decluttering, what day and time did you say you were coming to help me do that?

Well off to get some caffeine and decide what I feel like doing. Hope everyone has a great day.

Respected Contributor

Karen I used to use a timer too, and still do when I have evil filing tasks at hand. Smiley Very Happy Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. I woke up last night and prayed myself back to sleep. Love it when that happens. The physical issues get very scary.

Jean I am sure you are right. I told DH I am likely just drained. Too much excitement is not good for anyone! Today I am talking to insurance agents to lower home insurance and get RV insurance. Just in case. I also called 3 RV parks and one sounds very promising - less expensive and more country. yay! We will drive up Friday and spend the night and check some places out.

Today is admin assistant day so they have a nice lunch for us. It will be good.

Respected Contributor

Susan I wish I could send some up your way. I made tea this morning and discovered that I bought caffeine free by mistake. OUT with that!!! ha ha I made DH go shopping today to get me some more leaded.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon! Thanks for getting us started Jean. I definitely have housework ADHD myself. Good luck with the window cleaning. I did that a couple of weeks ago, and then the dust and light rain came. So, I need to do it again -- not fun, and easy to put off. I stopped by a local hardware store, and a guy from there will come by and give us an estimate for solar screens on the sliding glass door in the back room, and maybe for the bedroom. We are headed into the hottest part of the year (June is our hottest month), and it would be nice to have it a little less steamy out there.

It will only get up into the mid 80's today -- that is almost 10 degrees less than yesterday, and I'll take it. I haven't put on the AC yet, but I'm getting a bit tempted.

I was expecting today to be a quiet one, but our estate attorney called, and we will need to go up into "town" to see him today at noon. We have never been to his main office, but I think it is around 40 miles away. He isn't feeling well, and asked us to go up there instead of coming down here. I'll do it once, but I'm not thrilled about making it a regular practice. The maybe positive thing is that there is a shopping center nearby -- not much in terms of shops, but there is a bookstore. And, DH loves going to bookstores. Not that he buys any books, but.... If there is time, we will go there after the appointment.

Yesterday I made my rental car and hotel reservations for when I go to Maryland at the end of May. Glad I took care of that in advance.

Your life is probably just as exciting as mine Gayle. Glad you got your walk in and hair colored. DH and I walked this morning, and it was nice.

Do take care of yourself Kathleen, and enjoy the lunch. The volunteer lunch yesterday was very nice. Hope one of the RV parks is a winner. Like you, I need my caffeine.

Good to see you posting Karen. I've been thinking about you and your family and pray that all the health issues go away soon. Good luck with the office move.

Hi Susan -- enjoy TJ Maxx. Wish I lived closer to one, but.... Sorry your weather isn't that great.

Waves to Arlene, Sonya (feel better soon), twinny, LindaR, Marijane, Nancy, Val, Kathy, Rosa (praying for you), and all of our posters and readers.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda