Honored Contributor

Neiman-Marcus fashion guru, Ken Downing 5 must-haves for Spring

1) Something Pink 2) Crisp white shirt, a la Carolina Herrera 3) Summer booties, peep toe or open weave to transition through Fall 4) Artistic print 5) Backpack in white, shades of pink, denim or camo. What are you including in your Spring wardrobe? I like the pink tones to mix with my white & black for different spectator looks. And yes to the crisp white shirt. Pop the collar, roll up the sleeves for a chic look with skinny pants or capris. I also buy new jewelry like the Linea palm frond necklaces to change the look of a plain white t-shirt or maxi dress.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Re: Neiman-Marcus fashion guru, Ken Downing 5 must-haves for Spring

I have everything BUT summer booties. And pink is my favorite color, so I've got a lot of it!

Honored Contributor

I can go with most of these notions, but nix to the backpack. I didn't like them when I was in school and I don't like them now...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Summer booties sounds like a bit of an oxymoron, but I say "yes" to the rest!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Esteemed Contributor

As I have no idea who this "fashion guru" is, and as I dress for myself, I will be wearing nothing from his List of Five. They do not suit my casual summer lifestyle or the heat and humidity here.

Respected Contributor

Got all but the backpack.....skipping that one and will carry my Coach Bleeker Perforated Tote instead.
Esteemed Contributor

Actually, the last 3 of those 5 are represented in the GILI line. The recent Courtney shoe, the maxi skirt Lisa wore Friday night and the backpack coming up this week. I just found that interesting as there are a few people on the board that don't consider her fashionable. At the very least, her design team is keeping up with the trends.
Esteemed Contributor

Would that be like the Crisp.White.Shirt a la Susan Graver?

Must be a warning to all of us rushing out to get our Limp.DingyWhite.Shirt.

Trusted Contributor

White shirt, thats new?
Honored Contributor

I wish I looked pretty in pink. And don't ask me to wear that crisp white shirt - it fades me out terribly. I know the gurus have to publish these lists, but one of the best parts of aging gracefully (there's a thread about this somewhere) is having developed the self-knowledge to realize when the gurus are dead wrong.

My pink is definitely coral and my white is ivory or even darker, but I don't think NM's guru much cares about me since I'm not going there to buy anything.