Trusted Contributor

Do you LOVE your DISHWASHER?

Hey GIRLS!

I know this is off topic, but can anyone recommend a good dishwasher? Currently we just bought a stainless steel dishwasher ON SALE for $700.00, back in September. But it's really NOT cleaning the dishes well. Plus it's quiet so you have to manually CLEAN OUT THE FOOD FILTER front he DWasher! YUCK!!!! It's still under warranty I may have the Whirlpool guy come out and look/inspect.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks again!

Brunette

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you LOVE your DISHWASHER?

We have a Bosch that we love. I'm not clear as to what being quiet has to do with cleaning the filter in your machine?

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Valued Contributor

I don't remember what we paid, but recently we purchased a Miele stainless steel dishwasher with the third rack for utensils. LOVE IT! It is so quiet that you don't even know it's running.

Super Contributor

I have a simple, basic GE dishwasher that has worked well for years, not totally quiet, but nothing that bothers me. I'm no appliance expert though, usually just buy pretty basic appliances. I think it was about $400 and have had it about six years.
Respected Contributor

I love my GE Profile SS (inside and out) dishwasher. The steam cycle steams the stuck food off. It works perfectly. I don't prewash or pre-rinse dishes ever. Mine has a built in disposal, so I don't have to clean anything out.

Trusted Contributor

I love my husband, LOL, I have a kitchenaid and I would get it again.

Honored Contributor

I used to have a very expensive Bosch dishwasher that was great but I now have a builder basic GE that does just as well at getting my dishes clean. If I needed to replace it I would buy another GE.

Honored Contributor

I have a nice Whirlpool, but never use it, just 2 of us, so easy to wash and dry ourselves.

Trusted Contributor

We love our Bosch. It's so quiet it's hard to tell it's running. It's also stainless steel inside and has the food disposal thing. But every time I check it there is next to nothing to clean out. Our dishes are almost always 100% clean. Occasionally my husband used a bowl to microwave an egg or something like that but a soak and second dish washing in the Bosch takes care of that. I don't even check my dishes anymore.

We have a water softener because our water is very hard. We use Finish tablets with the little red ball center and I keep Finish rinse stuff in it too. And I am careful how I load my dishes to make sure everything is ""reached"". We don't do any special rinsing but I always use the Power wash setting.

We think this Bosch is the best. Only drawback is it doesn't have a delay-start setting. But since it's so quiet that isn't really a problem for us. We've had it about three years now and I can't remember the model anymore. I know we didn't get top of the line because DH doesn't part with that much money easily . Ours has just two racks.

Forgot to say that I had at least three GE models before this and our dishes were never really clean. This Bosch is the first one we have had with the stainless steel tub.

KJPA
Trusted Contributor

On 4/22/2014 twopeas said:

We have a Bosch that we love. I'm not clear as to what being quiet has to do with cleaning the filter in your machine?

Hi there! The noise from an older dishwasher was the "grinding of the food". Now that the dishwashers are "quiet" consumers NOW HAVE TO CLEAN OUT THE NASTY FOOD FILTER! YUCK. lol! I had no idea what I was getting into. Of course my husband does it, but it's getting old. We rather have a noisy DW than clean out the muck from the filter. Smiley Happy