Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY)

Good morning, shopping friends. Today is a rainy day but yesterday more than made up for today. I had lunch with a cousin who I had not been able to spend time with for several months. No shopping yesterday despite being in the city and none planned for today.

I'll be going to work in an hour so I need to get ready. Rosa, I do hope you are checking in and know that we are thinking of you.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Super Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY)

Hi! Good morning. I sent a letter to Rosa and did get a reply. She said to say thank you to you all for saying prayers for her. I will let you all know if I hear from her again. I can't even imagine how she is feeling. Hope you all have a good day. Kathy

Esteemed Contributor

Kathy, thank you for the feedback. It really is a blow to her and to us as we have been awaiting the transplant for so long and then to have it end so tragically is hard to comprehend and accept. Prayer is always good, and we join in our prayer chain for support for Rosa. Please feel free to drop in and post at any time. Have a great day!

The lawn people came yesterday and did my huge lawn and what used to be a big garden. QVC's selling of lawn deco this morning reminded me that it is time to dig out the items and put them in place. They have had their winter hiatus.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon Ladies, I hope you have a nice afternoon at work Jean. It's nice to have lunch with family and keep up as you did yesterday with your cousin. We haven't had our grass mowed this year yet,not long enough....I think the season is behind a few weeks, we did have a dump truck filled with mulch put down a week ago. When the kids were here Sunday we got our lawn furniture out.....pool will not be opened till 1st week on June though.

Thank you Kathy for keeping us updated on Rosa...please continue to let her know we are thinking an praying for her.

LindaL my DD has those inserts in her shoes like your DH.....she is a runner and is prone to shin-splints and they help her a great deal. She does not have special shoes.

Twinny hope you have started on your vacation and will be having great weather and a great time. I have never been in that part of the country,

Kathleen hope things are coming along....you sound as though you are getting stressed...things will work out. How is your co-worker doing?

Not much going on here,not such a nice day,in the 50's with rain later.

The dreaded Red Sox/Yankees will be on tonight.

Have a nice afternoon.....Marijane

Respected Contributor

Kathy thank you SO MUCH for the update! I was wishing I could send Rosa a card but I don't have any of her information.

Jean thank you for starting us. I did see your update last night and imagined you enjoying some coconut shrimp. I love those extra long lunches and am glad you got to spend time with your cousin.

Twinny I hope you are enjoying a lovely time with your Sweetie!

Marijane you will be watching the game then, correct? Smiley Happy Love the pics you posted the other day of the birthday party!

I went home and slept last night, lazed around on the couch and slept all night long. I'm trying to eat healthier too. Kyanne nipped a friend at work today, just 'pinched' his leg a little, a guy that I gave a ride home and then again this morning to work. It really upset me. So now we are on a serious training track. I can't have her nipping people, ever! Now we are working on "heel" and instead of letting her keep the ball I am making her bring it back to me. I guess I have slacked off on my training regime.

I don't feel stressed out, just getting emotional lately. All this is getting very real. I know there are people who live away from their spouses but I never thought that I would do it. We both feel pretty solid but not looking forward to being apart.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon! Thanks for getting us started Jean. Sounds like you had a lot of fun yesterday -- good for you. Hope work goes well today.

Thanks so much for letting us know about Rosa Kathy. That was very kind of you. I continue to be shocked and saddened by Rosa's DH's death after the transplant we had been waiting and praying for. Like you, I can't imagine what she is going through.

Hi Marijane -- interesting about your DD. My DH told me this morning that he doesn't like his new shoes, and didn't want to wear them on our walk. I insisted that he wear them, however -- I think they probably feel different than the old ones, but will feel better in time.

I spent time of DH's feet yesterday -- trimmed toenails and then bought a new nail trimmer and something to treat nail fungus (he has it on one of his big toes). Seems like you need to treat the fungus for several weeks -- yikes!

Our weather is quite warm today, as it was yesterday. But still tolerably warm for me. The birthday party yesterday evening was great. Hope I have her energy and enthusiasm when I turn 80! We sat with two other couples we know, and had lots of interesting conversations. One of the other guests told a story about the lady -- when they were contemplating buying their house (near hers), she asked what their political views were. Sounds like her -- can you imagine? Anyway, they "passed" since they shared her views.

Today they are having a volunteer appreciation lunch at my volunteer job, so I feel like I have a "day off with pay" (not that I cam paid or anything.) It should be nice. And, this afternoon DH and I will go to the gym.

I had order some replacement brushes for my Clarisonic from Beauty.com, and they sent me the totally wrong order. To their credit, they sent me an e-mail right away, and they will be sending me the brushes soon. They said I could keep the other person's order (sunscreen), and they will give me a $10 credit. Not bad!

Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, Sonya, Susan, LindaR, twinny, Nancy, Karen, Kathy, Gayle, Val, and all of our posters and readers.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- I know things will be okay for you Kathleen, but I don't blame you for being a bit anxious, etc.

Trusted Contributor

Kathleen I must have missed a post somewhere along the line but I thought you were going up with DH too but probably not for a few months as you were going to work where you are now till summer was over. My DH was transferred a few times back to Maine...where the home office is....back to NY,back up to Maine etc.. and we moved several times (back and forth)....my kids were young and I stayed behind so they could finish out the school year. DH would come home every weekend...it's about a 4hr trip...he also had the 'job' of finding a new house for us while I was back home,when he saw something he thought I would like too I went up (or down) to look...have to say he never did a bad job. Yes I will be watching the game! The pictures were from a b'day party he had with his class...16 kids....we didn't go to that! The week before he wanted to go bowling so we all went in for that and had dinner afterwards.

LindaL nice that beauty.com will be giving you a credit. I have never ordered from them..usually get my replacement brushes from Sephora.

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Jean - Thank you for starting us today and have a good day at work. We have cut our grass once this year and it is ready for another cutting. That probably won't happen until this weekend. Glad you had a good time in the city with your cousin, I don't get so see any of mine that often either.

LindaL - Glad you had a good time yesterday. Sounds like you had great service from the company that messed your order up. I know you always want the order correct the first time, but they did come thru with the customer service.

Kathy - Thank you for the update on Rosa, we all hope she is doing well.

Kathleen - Sorry about the dog nipping, she may be feeling stressed like you and DH are, they know when something is about to change. Do you and DH both have computers? You could Skype each other while he is gone. I am not a Skype person, but I don't think it is hard to set up and do. I know you both will be okay.

Marijuana - It is the time of year to be thinking about the pool. DH is a little depressed that ours is not open yet. We open it early, but of course can't swim until the weather is nicer, we have a heater for it, but it is no fun to get out of the heated water into cool weather. It just gives you a chill.

Today we went to a friend's brother in laws funeral and when we came home my friend called and said her mom died last night. So we will be going to the funeral home and another funeral this week. It's just not going to be a good week.

Well I do need to get moving, I have some cleaning that needs my attention. Hope everyone has a great day.

Respected Contributor

Marijane, you are correct. It is about a 4 hr drive and he is going up next week sometime. We will see each other every weekend and I will move up there after summer is over. I'm just not looking forward to it.

Susan you might be right and that's why Kyanne reacted. So sorry to hear about funerals, that's always very sad. I have to tell you I am laughing so hard at your "slip of the tongue" (fingers) that my coworker wanted to know why I was giggling. I know I hate it when I do those!

I heard my coworker is doing better. He had some reaction to high blood pressure and diabetes side effects and got confused or something of the sort. I'm glad his kids are close to take care of him.

Trusted Contributor

Kathleen, I think it is Susan's autocorrect....that would happen to me when I first had my new computer and iPad and also others with their new devices.