Respected Contributor

Looking for a Lightweight Hoodie That Doesn't Shrink

Anyone have a brand that they like that doesn't shrink after putting in the dryer? I would love to find some in pretty colors for spring/summers for those cooler nights but all I see is the usual navy blue ,red white pretty but not for me black brown etc. and I don't like the hoodies that have that stretch material that stuff is not warm. Thanks

Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for a Lightweight Hoodie That Doesn't Shrink

How about these from L.L. Bean?

Respected Contributor

On 4/22/2014 lolakimono said:

How about these from L.L. Bean?

So pretty. Thanks for posting.

Super Contributor

You might check Eddie Bauer, they have cute sweatshirts and hoodies. Also check Gap and Old navy, they usually always have hoodies. Sometimes JJill will have some cute ones too.

Super Contributor

Honored Contributor

I have this in multiple colors, and I love it. It does have stretch though so I'm not sure you'd like it. It's not "hot" but it's also not super lightweight. I love this one and just bought the floral:

http://shop.lululemon.com/products/clothes-accessories/jackets-and-hoodies-jackets/Nice-Asana-Jacke...

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Hardly any thing shrinks today. If you are having problems you could try washing in cold water,not using the dryer (hang to dry). Another thing buy the hoodie a size too large and maybe after you wash it will fit better.

Esteemed Contributor

The Gap is a great place to find hoodies. They adjust the weight of the sweatshirt hoodies with the season. Also, in Gap Body there are hoodies which are as light as a t-shirt. With regard to shrinkage since most are a cotton all you can do about that is to avoid the dryer. It's not the temperature of the water in the washing machine which shrinks clothes, but rather the heat from the dryer which is the culprit.

Respected Contributor

I think the key word in your post is "dryer." I usually put sweatshirts in the dryer for 10 minutes, then let them air dry. No shrinkage.

Trusted Contributor

On 4/22/2014 Bungo said:

Hardly any thing shrinks today. If you are having problems you could try washing in cold water,not using the dryer (hang to dry). Another thing buy the hoodie a size too large and maybe after you wash it will fit better.

Tell that to my clothes. And I don't put them in the dryer. Unless they are a blend they will shrink (all cotton).