Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon Ladies! Hope everyone who celebrates had a very nice Easter. I did, but I was upset to learn that our pastor was in the hospital. They think he may have had a small stroke. The interim pastor (who served before our pastor came last summer) was there, and he was excellent as usual. After church, DH and I made it to the gym. Dinner turned out well, which pleased me.

DH and I took our walk this morning, and I plan to go to COSTCO soon. And, I may go by the eye doctor to have my glasses adjusted a bit.

Very warm and sunny here -- hope many of you are having nice weather.

We have a birthday dinner celebration to attend this evening. One of the members of my "newcomers" group turned 80 earlier in the month, but this was a more convenient time for her friends/relatives. She is really something -- very active (hikes, bikes, etc.) and also reads a lot, travels a lot, etc. Very opinionated and political which can be hard to take sometimes, but I usually enjoy her company.

Waves to Jean, Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, LindaR, Marijane, Gayle, Susan, Sonya, Nancy, Karen, Kathy, Val, and all of our posters and readers. I'm continuing to think about you Rosa. God bless you in this very difficult time.

Hugs to all,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT--- Monday

Hello friends!! Rosa, you are ever on my mind. Linda thank you for starting us. Humid here, they promised rain but so far only a tiny bit of mist has appeared. So sorry to hear about your pastor. My coworker is in ICU this morning - no one knows what is going on but I see him running himself into the ground trying to take care of his ailing Mother. Smiley Sad

I had a great Easter but today I'm sleepy. I think it's time for DH to go to work! Smiley Happy I'm off my schedule, have not been exercising much and feeling it.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon ladies:

Fred and I went to the city yesterday. Enjoyed our visit---traffic on the way home was tough. I guess all the holiday traffic heading home.

Watched the weather reports--chance of severe weather. Oh no, been a crazy year for sure. My head insn't doing well with all the allergies and pressure changes.

Kathleen: Oh hope your co worker is doing ok. Very hard to care for a frail parent and work and keep all things on the right track.

LindaL: Hope your pastor is on the mend. A lady at church turned 80 last week---and the week before another lady turned 90!. I hope you enjoy the celebration.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls! It's a beautiful day out; I have a few errands to run and plan to take the girls to the park. Hopefully Aldi got some more strawberries in, as I really want to try the strawberry and sour cream cake recipe that's in the recipe forum.

Sorry to hear about your pastor, LindaL; I pray he has a full recovery. I'm loving the new pastor at my church; I think he's an even better teacher than one of his well-known predecessors, whose sermons used to be televised. That was many years before I moved here, but I used to watch him, never dreaming that I'd be attending that church one day. (No, he wasn't one of those wacky televangelists...just a good, solid teacher of the Word.)

It's good your friend stays active - that's what keeps one young. I get so annoyed with my friends who claim they're "too old" to do fun things, like go whitewater rafting. Should the rapture take place before my 65th birthday, I plan to spend it skydiving! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Yesterday I decided I would have Chinese food for dinner....Jean talked me into it! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} So, first I took the girls to the park so Autumn could have her swim, got them Frosties at Wenday's, then I headed for the Chinese take-out. I was totally surprised to see that they were closed - it's run by a young couple with three children (two of them - in h.s. and middle school, work there as well), and they never take a day off! {#emotions_dlg.crying} Actually, I was happy to see a sign saying they were closed for Easter, as I didn't think they were Christians. I was set on Chinese food, but another place that was open was not very good when I tried them before (Who the heck puts zucchini in kung po?), so I drove by a BBQ place that has good burgers, but they were closed. Same with Long John Silver.... I was too hungry to wait until I could prepare a meal, and although I don't mind eating alone at a "good" place, I don't like to do so on a holiday when the restaurants are full of families. I ended up at Subway, and it wasn't very good...I'm finding myself disliking fast food more and more. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} Considering how prices for fast food have gone way up, I can have a really good meal for the cost of two mediocre (or worse) ones. I'll make my cabbage rolls later today; that'll give me 5-6 good meals for the week.

LindaR - is Fred the only dog who likes to ride with you? Both of mine make a beeline for the car as soon as I get anywhere near it, and they're inside as soon as I open the door...even if I'm just getting something out of it! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} The other day I couldn't coax Autumn out of the car for anything, so I had to leave her in there with the door open until she figured out we weren't going anywhere. Oddly, she likes to ride huddled on the floor in the front; Honeybun likes to hang out the window like Angel does....but, she's not my Angel. {#emotions_dlg.crying} I was crying for him a lot yesterday - I miss him so much; can't wait to see him again.

I assume Jean is working - or did she say she was going to the city today?

I guess I'd better be on my way - have a blessed day, everyone!

Respected Contributor

Fred is my rider. The OES does okay when I get her in---but she is too big---. The other dogs get kenneled for their rides to the spa or vet. Boodles is fine in a kennel. Lose he is all over the place---on the dash---not safe at all.

Respected Contributor

BTW, I was checking Yelp for reviews on pet groomers - since that PetSen$e just opened there are no reviews yet. There's a place called Groomingdale's that has all great reviews, except for one where someone wrote they cut her dog's nails so close her paws were bleeding. I found one place with good reviews; I'll have to call her and see what she charges for a nail clipping.

Respected Contributor

Have not heard an update on my coworker. He is the sweetest man on earth, and he reminds me of you Linda because he was born and raised here so he knows all the happenings and can tell you all kinds of info about this area. We will go for a drive for something for work and he will point to housing developments and tell me he used to ride horses back there when he was a kid. I hope his Mother can now move somewhere. They say they moved her up near her DD a few years back and she threw such a fit that they brought her back home.

Kyanne is at work with me today. When we get home she will go straight to bed! Smiley Very Happy I am worn out, I might do the same. I am not "on my game" no boot camp no getting up at 5 no schedule anymore. I think perhaps all this activity is taking an emotional toll? In any case I just now feel like I woke up.

Respected Contributor

Kathleen: You have been going ninety to nothing---and lots of stress and changes in your life. Perhaps when DH goes back to work and your routine gets settled again you will be ""on your game""!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Good evening, everyone!

Linda, thank you for starting the thread. The 80 year old woman is a great example for all of us.

I went to the city for a nail appointment and then to have lunch with a cousin I hadn't seen for several months. We ate at the Outback in its lounge area where it permitted the privacy of one of its booths. In addition, they permitted us to spend as much time as we wanted to talk but we left about 4:30 when the evening business was beginning to pick up. We had a great time, even talking about some of our QVC purchases as well as family events and issues.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.