Contributor

Kate Somerville Black Wrap Dress... ?

Hi everyone,

would anyone by chance know what brand the black wrap dress Kate Somerville is wearing on the Q's main page today is?

Thanks so much!!! I don't know how to contact her or her team to find out... Its gorgeous!!!

Today's Special Value(R)

Respected Contributor

Re: Kate Somerville Black Wrap Dress... ?

How could anyone possibly know what brand of dress Kate is wearing? I would suggest going to Nordstrom, Neiman's, Saks, etc., and typing in "black wrap dress"-

Honored Contributor

Well, the Wrap Dress goes back to Diane Von Furstenberg ..... in the 70's I believe, and usually came in the most amazing prints. I had one in that soft cotton knit in a turquoise and white zebra print . If I say so myself, I was a real knockout in that dress. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Diane has come out with a new batch of them ..... but I'm sure googling wrap dress will give you plenty of options.

My guess is that if this dress was selected for a promotional display or magazine ad, that specific dress costs more than a grand. JMO

Respected Contributor

It is a gorgeous dress and I thought how beautiful my daughter would look in it. I would imagine that her dress would be extremely pricey, but as Tinkrbl44 kindly suggested, we could both do a google search, or, one of the more fashion knowledgeable ladies on the forum could help.

I think those kimono type sleeves, while not flattering for me, would look great on my daughters build. They certainly add pizazz don't they.

Respected Contributor

I wonder if customer service would have information about it?

Frequent Contributor

Maybe go on pinterest and type in black wrap dress. If you look at some of the DVF ones they have the same concept. This dress has a slight kimono wrap dress vibe except the sleeves are slightly tighter. Maybe they should have this info for those that inquire about it. Sometimes you do not know what you are looking for and when you find it you just have to have it and nothing else will substitute for it. Good luck.
New Contributor

Not much idea about the dress, but i think the dress is very pretty. may be these dresses are from a good branded stores. go to store.
Respected Contributor

You can't go wrong w/ a DVF wrap-It's classic! Karen Kane makes a nice one (less ex also)

Super Contributor

She has a facebook page. Try asking there!
Honored Contributor

It's gorgeous.

I have a couple Calvin Klein wrap dresses from Lord and Taylor. They're very popular right now.