Respected Contributor

Good Morning ladies:

Up early to attend Easter services. Dropping in to wish everyone blessings today.

Rosa: Thinking of you. I know you are very early in grief and holidays are especially difficult. We are all thinking of you and yours.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT---EASTER

Good Morning/Afternoon and Happy Easter to all who celebrate! Thanks for starting us LindaR, and I echo your comments to Rosa.

DH and I took a walk this morning -- beautiful, sunny day here. I rushed home to get ready for church, and was up to the main street when I remembered that the service I attend wasn't for another hour plus...... Feeling dumb right now.

I ended up eating one of DH's croissants rather than making Easter bread of any sort. But, I reserve the right to do so at a later date. I forgot to make Irish soda bread for St. Patrick's Day this year -- maybe that should be done first. LOL

DH said the new shoes were fine on his feet, and I'm feeling good about buying them (despite the price.) Any custom made inserts will need to wait until at least June when I don't have as many expenses.

Hope to go to the gym after church and there is ironing to do later. Dinner shouldn't be too stressful since the ham is one you just heat up and I have the scalloped potatoes ready to cook and the "ice box pie" is ready as well.

Waves to Jean, Arlene, Kathleen, twinny, Sonya, Susan, Marijane, Nancy, Karen, Kathy, Val, Gayle, and our new posters and readers.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Happy Resurrection Day, everyone! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Well, my intentions were good...I didn't hit the snooze button even once this morning, as I figured church would be crowded and I'd have to leave early in order to get a parking place and a seat. I found the outfit I planned to wear last night (a pretty coral skirt & sweater set), got my undies and a new pair of pantyhose out, and was all set to go....all I had to do was roll out of bed and get dressed. So, I hopped out of bed (OK, OK...crawled) and went to put the pantyhose on...except when I opened the bag, I found that what was inside was just the control top panty from a pair of pantyhose. I have no idea of where that came from - it's not something that I would buy - but all three bags were like that. (sigh) I knew I had a box of assorted hose in the upstairs closet, so I got a pair of actual pantyhose out. They were too light (I prefer a natural tone, just for a smooth look), but time was getting away from me, and I figured I was going to church for the Lord, not to impress anyone, so decided to wear them....until I put a finger through them while putting them on. {#emotions_dlg.crying} Try again...I found a pair in the shade that I like, and got them on without any problems. (Despite the current fad of going without hose, I think bare legs with dresses or skirts look unfinished, especially on older women; the only exception is with a very casual dress if your legs are tanned, or a maxi-dress.) I finally got out of the house, and of course was by now running late. I figured the church parking lot would be full, so when I saw an empty spot on the street a block from the church I grabbed that; fortunately, since I was alone I was able to find a seat.

Services were very nice; they had a full orchestra as they often do on major holidays. Pastor mentioned "Jesus could return before this service is through" several times - works for me! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Jean, I did the same as you - I went to lie down for a little while, and ended up falling asleep; I didn't get up until 11 p.m. I've been feeling out-of-sorts and depressed; I miss my little sweetie so much. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

I've very proud of myself - I actually got the vacuum cleaner back together again! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} I started to vacuum and wondered what on earth was still wrong, as it wasn't picking up...then I realized that I forgot to reattach the hose, which I had removed so I could flush it out. {#emotions_dlg.blush} Once I took care of that the vacuum was working just fine again.

Well, dinner was going to be stuffed cabbage, but I took the ground beef out of the freezer yesterday, and it's still frozen solid. I'm trying to decide between making some shrimp that's in the freezer, or picking up some Chinese food. No plans other than that - apart from taking the dogs to the park.

Praying for Rosa.

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

Happy Easter to all those who celebrate this religious day. Regardless of faith, Spring is a time of renewal, something we all can focus upon together.

LindaR--I join with you in extending greetings and understanding to those who have recently lost loved ones. Holidays are so difficult when the loved one is no longer there to share the day.

Linda--I'm happy that the shoes are working well with DH. I think you are getting forgetful when it comes to holiday breads. Perhaps they are best enjoyed at times other than the expected time.

Arlene--That is funny about the vacuum. I do believe you are getting forgetful also. Think of those control top pantyhose without the hose as your Spanx. I think the easy way out is to go for Chinese food.

There isn't much happening here. I've just been relaxing.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Hello to all!! Happy Day!! DD went to church with me, now I'm looking for some food.

Rosa, hoping you are surrounded by loved ones today.

Older DD just showed up. I did order some thermal curtains for the RV last night in a lapse of judgement and 30% off code. They will very likely be returned.

Esteemed Contributor

Kathleen--There is nothing like a 30% off code to lure one into a purchase. I'm sure that there was a good reason to consider them.

Midnight and I are watching Hawaii Life. I had Progresso Light potato soup for lunch. Quick and easy to fix.

I'll be going to the city tomorrow for some appointments and also have lunch with a cousin. Her husband is a minister, so they are making the rounds of three churches on their charge today.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

ha ha it worked for me. I wanted to get out there at 11:30 and measure but it was dark and I wasn't that motivated. This morning I went out and quickly realized that the idea I had in mind will not work.

Esteemed Contributor

Happy Easter to all of you. Yes, Jean it is time of renewal after a very long winter. Rosa, you & your family are in my prayers today too. DH & I went to church & had a nice brunch. I did have to get up a little earlier to make my ham/egg/hash brown casserole. It must have been good as it was all gone. Then we took my mom for lunch so she wouldn't be alone. I went out to dust the crossover & realized that the curtains that we use when we sleep in it needed to have new velcro strips attached to them. RC, it must be curtain day for you & me. I have lab/Dr. visit tomorrow. Then DH & I plan to leave for our vacation. I have an appt. at our local library tomorrow afternoon to get my tablet downloaded for the trip. This will be my first try at reading books on it. I was on the computer looking up things to do while we are gone & I came upon "The world's largest fish fry" just minutes from where we will be. Then I found a rodeo for my DH that is also very close. Then we hope to have some swimming & beach time. Then before we know it, it will be time to come back home & face reality. Linda, I am glad that the shoes are fine for your DH. Yes those special shoes can be very pricey. Right now the best shoes for my tender feet are ones with memory foam in them. I wore my new ones to church today & they were wonderful. They were a low wedge with wide straps to hold them on in a somewhat golden glow. They will go with everything this summer.