Respected Contributor

closing e-bay and pay pal accounts

Sloppy work by pay pal following up on my return, woman on phone w E-bay CS spoke w heavy accent and had trouble communicating. 'Hold' times on phone w both companies ridiculous!

And way too much hassle w navigating sites!

Only made ( and returned ) one item. My last.

BYE!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: closing e-bay and pay pal accounts

I can't tell if your issue is with eBay or pay pal?
Super Contributor

I don't like using either one. I don't know if they are safe.

Valued Contributor

I had lots of trouble with both a few years back and never purchased anything since. Started getting charges that did not belong to me and also items that I never ordered.

Contributor

Many Customer Service stations are located in Bombay, India and China!! It really is a shame that these big companies are not hiring people in the United States who need employment!! It's all about the profit $$$$$$ -- whoever will work for less gets the job. That just does not sit well with me!!

{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Respected Contributor

I love ebay and paypal. Never a problem with customer service with either and have had contact with both.
Esteemed Contributor

I use PayPal, and I like it. I have never had a problem with customer service. I had a problem with a item being lost in the mail, and PayPal helped me get a replacement. I used the online CS to take care of everything.

Honored Contributor

I love ebay, and I use paypal for all of my online purchases. HSN, Wayfair, Walmart, Bath and Body Works among others.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Super Contributor

I've been an eBay member since 1998, and Paypal shortly after. Have made hundreds of transaction, never had an issue. Sorry they're not working for you.

Honored Contributor

It's not just them as far as trying to understand what the other person is saying.

I find I have trouble understanding many people these days. The other day while calling Comcast I had to call back 3 times. The first two times I couldn't understand what the people were saying.

All of these companies re-route their calls to other countries. They pay these people $1 or $2 an hour.

I have seen several TV shows on how and why they do it. Sign of the times.