Super Contributor

It's crazy..why all of the long sleeves when summer is coming ??

I'm trying to put together some nice clothes for summer, and all of the tops I love are 3/4 or long sleeved. What's up with that ??

Super Contributor

Re: It's crazy..why all of the long sleeves when summer is coming ??

I hear the designer's and hosts talk about all of these undershirt things, and then sleeveless vests, and layering three tops, especially in the LOGO brand, and discussing how comfortable we will be in the air conditioning at our jobs, etc.

Well, some of us don't work, and those of us who do don't always work in freezing offices ! My summers are the "dog days" with extremely high humidity, and the heat is almost unbearable ! I'm talking June through early September can be 95-103 degrees !

Even when I dress nice to go out or whatever I can't wear these sleeves, I'd have a heat stroke. Where are just normal short-sleeved blouses?

Valued Contributor

I like a longer sleeve because it is cold where I work in the summer but I like to layer. When I layer I like short sleeves or a tank underneath so I don't roast when I go outside or get in the car. 3/4 sleeves really works well for me when I don't layer but I don' want everything in that length either.

I sometimes see a top that I like but so many of them have tabs too and who wants tabs on everything.

Lots of places get cold and I guess they must think we all want long sleeves. I work with a person that wears short sleeves all year but not me.

Super Contributor

I have been wondering the same thing! Why all the long sleeves when summer is approaching? There are some really cute tops out there but there is no way I can wear long sleeves or three quarter sleeves in the summer. The heat & humidity is so bad where I live.
Honored Contributor

Funny I should read this first thing this morning. My DH and I were just talking about this. We eat out a lot and, in the summer it is so cold in the restaurants that I either have to take a sweater with me or wear 3/4 sleeves. My husband used to think I was crazy. Yesterday he said to me, "I don't think I am going to buy any more short sleeves....they just keep everything so darn cold here in the summer". Of course, the golf course or mowing the yard would be different!

Super Contributor

It's crazy for me . The models are coming out dressed like I would for winter ! I know this is not the case for everyone, but I was searching for nice short-sleeved tops this morning and there weren't that many.

The LOGO shows are really dressed for cold. With that long undershirt tee, then the tunic tops, then the vest, I would melt even in the dead of winter.

I see I'm going to have a hard time dressing this season. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Honored Contributor

CC has lots of short sleeved options- watch the markdowns. (not sure what kinds of tops you're looking for).

Super Contributor

Oh thank you so much lolakimono ! That is very sweet of you to help me out, and I will check those out ! You are a doll, I appreciate it so very much !!! They look very nice !

I appreciate you going to so much trouble, and I am looking forward to investigating these!

I was beginning to worry about my summer wardrobe and I appreciate your kindness so much ! You are a very sweet person. I'm grateful to you.

Hope your Easter is a blessing to you and yours ! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Remi

Honored Contributor

Remee,

Check out Land's End too. (you get the idea...)

Honored Contributor

Remee,

If you're looking for "deals" check out Belk.com- lots of summery items there.

If you haven't shopped at www.beallsflorida.com, they also have summer items.