Frequent Contributor

Can you wear an eyelet (white or any pastel color) cotton shirt with pencil skirt to work ?

Thanks

Honored Contributor

I think it depends on where you work and how open the eyelet is on the blouse...but I love a white eyelet shirt with a black or khaki skirt!

Frequent Contributor

It is a small (traditional) eyelet and can that skirt be tiered maxi skirt ?

Honored Contributor

If you wear a nice, lightweight cami/tank underneath. I wear a turquoise eyelet blouse with black tank underneath with black skirt or pants. I also have a couple of white eyelet blouses and I wear a nude tank-cami underneath during the summer months. Also, you can wear lots of colors underneath to match/coordinate with pants/skirts.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor
On 4/18/2014 medium beige said:

It is a small (traditional) eyelet and can that skirt be tiered maxi skirt ?

If you work in a place with a relaxed dress code certainly you can wear an eyelet shirt with a tiered maxi skirt. (If you can) I would also choose to pair this outfit with flat sandals for a classic boho look.

If your workplace is conservative and has a dress code a way to slip in the eyelet shirt would be to wear it with a pencil skirt or trousers (slim or full leg), paired with pumps. You can also use the eyelet shirt as a summer jacket per se and layer it over a soft fabric silky tee, or tank, at work.

Honored Contributor

It depends on the company's idea of what is acceptable business attire. If it's too frou-frou, pass.

Valued Contributor

I would wear it as a jacket with a tank under for my work place but we are casual. I can see it with a skirt as a jacket and for me it depends on the colors and style.

I just try it on and one looks tells me yes or no.