Contributor

would love to try this new genie bra but.....

the last time i tried it i never felt so flat chested in all my life! It looks great on the models, so i gave it a shot. I am a 34C.....i felt as flat as i did when i was 10 years old in it. I didn't notice any of the smaller chested models who wore it looking flatter than usual, so what's wrong with me? This bra looks like it will be amazing for those who like the genie bra. I liked that it smoothed out the back bulge a regular bra gives you, but i just feel like if i give it another shot it will be returned........i want to look bigger in a bra, not smaller.

Honored Contributor

Re: would love to try this new genie bra but.....

FWIW,

I am the same size as you. If you have followed my "fashion resolutions" thread, I wear the Genie bra and I think from the pictures you can see that it doesn't flatten me out.

HTH

Contributor

Thanks...i will check out your thread!

Contributor

yes, you do look good! Maybe i should give it another try {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} Some of your clothing transformations were amazing!!! I am going to look through my closet. Some of the things i like the pattern of or something about but don't wear for other reasons...maybe i could change. Very inspiring! (i don't sew, that could be a problem {#emotions_dlg.unsure})

Honored Contributor

On 4/18/2014 GardeningGal3 said:

I am going to look through my closet. Some of the things i like the pattern of or something about but don't wear for other reasons...maybe i could change. Very inspiring! (i don't sew, that could be a problem {#emotions_dlg.unsure})

I have recently taken about 15 pieces to my seamstress for a few adjustments. I'm excited to wear some of those pieces for a new look. If you can find someone local, and you do a bunch at the same time, you might get a discount on the alterations.

Contributor

Actually i do use a good tailor nearby......if i can come up with the ideas, she could make it happen.

Honored Contributor

If the Genie bra flattens you out, I'd size up. The band will not be that much larger. They recommend for a C cup to order up. I am a 32C and wear a medium.

Respected Contributor

I like the concept of the straps for various top, but to me it looks like it would flatten a woman, not much support. I am small busted and uneven due to a lumpectomy, I just don't think this would work for me. I have been on a search for the perfect bra for years. A never ending quest.

Super Contributor

This has always been what makes me hesitate...and then never buy the Genie bra. It looks so comfortable, but I think it would flatten me. I am a 36C, but not the "right in front, all lifted up look"...I've always been more "rounded OUT" not "FRONT" if that makes sense! Have any of you tried the bra but used those inserts to fill out things??

Wanted to edit to say that I always wear bras with light push-up "padding" (for lack of a better word) underneath to lift my boobs up. I never wear those sheer, lace, bras with no "structure" in front. I just need more help than those offer.

Super Contributor

I've not yet tried Genie but have been wearing the Rhonda Shear bras for a couple of years now. First tried them because I wear a prosthesis on one side and loved the fact that there was a built-in pocket. I'm not very big (just a B) and did size up. I don't find they flatten me at all. They are so very comfortable - used to be I couldn't wait to get my bra off at night, now I hardly realize I'm wearing one. They also do wonders for back fat!