Super Contributor

Do you like heels on shoes that have a pattern, design or textured treatment?

I was looking at the Clarks wedges on the homepage and I don't know if I like that type of heel or not. Do you? I think maybe I would, but the background of the design is white, and I think that's the part I don't care for. I like the overall design of the pattern, but I don't think I like that it has a white ground, I think I would like it if it were beige color. It seems like it would get dirty to me easily, also.

I do have some wedges with a bamboo type heel with a design, and I like them. But the design is tonal. I have also seen a floral heel on some shoes that I like.

What do you think? Are you a fan?

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you like heels on shoes that have a pattern, design or textured treatment?

These?

The Sandal Stop

I like them, but the heel is too clunky for me.

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you like heels on shoes that have a pattern, design or textured treatment?

I think they are cute. I don't mind the print at all. I mostly wear solids, so it's kind of a fun look.

I have some cork wedges and a few other wedges that have a print on them.

That wouldn't be an every-day shoe for me, so I wouldn't worry about getting them dirty.

I am really picky on sandals or summer shoes with a dark brown or black bottom - unless the whole shoe is that color. That drives me nuts...lol

Super Contributor

If the top of my wedge sandals are black, I want a black bottom. Don't like light bottoms with dark tops such as a black sandal with rope color espadrille bottoms. I would wear a black sandal with a black floral bottom. Mainly, I guess I like solid color wedges in any color.
Respected Contributor

There are some cute ones out there. I don't like those kinds of heels, but the style is cute.

Honored Contributor

Here are some other styles-

Honored Contributor

I don't think they're really "wearable" because the pitch of the heel is so high even with the platform. Working in a dept store after teaching, I see women of all ages look foolish because they bought a shoe they couldn't even begin to walk in. They clump-slide, clump slide!{#emotions_dlg.blink}

Super Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}Thanks Lola, yes that's them in your first post.

Oooohh those last little silver wedges with the floral design are so cute! I have trouble wearing that style tho, the single strap across my toes. For some reason most of this style squishes my baby toes.

Honored Contributor

I like them.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I like them! I saw some at a store. They were simple wedge sandals with a pale flower print on the cork wedge. But they were too high for me.