Honored Contributor

Caller on the 9am Susan Graver show April 17

Oh my I rarely listen to calls but this woman is going on and on about how she loves and buys Susan clothes which is fine. she said something like her husband needed to build a shed for all her clothes.

Here is the kicker, she then says she cant afford the internet or a cell phone so this is her only time to see the clothes.

Does this strike any one else as strange or a little OCD.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Super Contributor

Re: Caller on the 9am Susan Graver show April 17

What's so strange about that? I know several people who don't want to be bothered with either.

Esteemed Contributor

I think it is sad. Sounds like she is going overboard on Susan Grave clothes, buying way more than she needs to the point that she can not afford internet or cell phone. That is fine if she chooses not to have either of those things. But if she would like them but can't due to an obsession with buying "stuff," then that is a bit out of sorts.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Trusted Contributor

When Suze Orman first appeared on QVC she was selling her book "You've Earned It, Don't Lose It". In those early days she used to take calls from viewers to offer them financial advice. She received call after call after call from older women and disabled women - women on fixed incomes, who had racked up massive amounts of credit card debt. There wasn't much help she could give them, other than to sometimes suggest bankruptcy. She couldn't tell them to stop shopping on QVC, but it was VERY obvious that some people just can't control their impulse to shop, even when they're in deep financial trouble.

I think that's the reason QVC eventually had Suze stop giving advice on the air. It was AWKWARD to have some viewers' massive debt load revealed.

Honored Contributor

I heard her call in the background.

She said she'd rather buy Susan's clothes rather than have the expense of cell phone and internet. She seems happy about it, so I don't see why it should bother anybody. She is making the choice to buy clothes over those expenses.

Super Contributor

On 4/17/2014 Kathleen said:

What's so strange about that? I know several people who don't want to be bothered with either.

I think her point is that why would someone so financially strapped admit to not being able to afford the internet or cell phone be buying an excess of clothing? And anyone who claims she wants her husband to build a shed for her excess clothing, needs an intervention....{#emotions_dlg.blink}

Honored Contributor

She did not say she is financially strapped. I didn't hear the part about the shed. Was that the same caller?

Super Contributor

On 4/17/2014 brii said:

She did not say she is financially strapped. I didn't hear the part about the shed. Was that the same caller?

Here is the kicker, she then says she cant afford the internet or a cell phone so this is her only time to see the clothes.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

I think if someone cannot afford the internet or a cell phone, then they are obviously unable to pay for the services. Yet, adding to her hoarding Susan Graver collection of clothing seems to be no issue for her.{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Super Contributor

I also heard her say that she couldn't afford the internet and didn't have a cell phone.I too thought it was strange that she said that she couldn't afford the internet but kept buying clothes . TO each his own but it did hit me as rather odd.

Esteemed Contributor

Did she say she could not afford internet or cell phone service OR did she say she would rather buy clothes than pay for a cell phone or internet? There's a big difference between the two.