Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY)

Good morning, shopping friends. Today is "Susan Graver Day" and all that entails. It is hard to get in the mood to buy crops when the temperatures are so low for this time of the year. When I went to work yesterday morning, it was 27 degrees. When I came home the night before from work, it was snowing so hard that it was difficult to see. The positive was that it didn't last.

I wasn't scheduled to work today and slept in until 7:30 as I didn't go to bed until around 1am. I spent some relaxing time in the bathroom. When I returned, I saw that I had a call from the elementary school where I worked the past two days. When I returned the call, they had already found someone to work in the ten minute period between time of the call and when I returned it. This was a very last minute absence so they needed someone fast, and that school is 15 miles from me. I guess I should learn to take the phone to the bathroom.

Tomorrow, I have the appointment to get the results of the bone scan. I don't anticipate any negative results. I just think they are being careful. Let me put it this way. I initially saw the local doctor on April 1 and was referred to the orthopedic with the first available appointment being a cancellation on April 7, and last appointment of the day. He referred me for a bone scan but the first available time was April 14.

I have a couple pair of those Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda jeans from Kohls. I wore a pair to work yesterday for the first time in a long time. It dawned upon me that they were much looser than when I first got them last year. I really like them, so I went online and saw that they were on sale. In addition, I have a 30% off coupon, so I decided to order four pair of them in a smaller size in various colors. That may seem extreme, but I know these will last a long time and the final cost was less than the better jeans in Walmart or the infamous Denim & Co. jeans that have sold milions...and I have them also. I just hope they fit; if not, they will be returned to the store. I likely could have worn this new size last year but I despise tight fitting pants on me. It just accents all that does not need to be accented.

I received the Othoheel Velcro tab house slippers yesterday. A212566. These are so comfortable. I know that I need something with good support for around the house. The comfy house slippers I have been wearing are comfy but I can tell that they were doing a number on my foot and leg. I got them in the zebra print. Can you picture them being worn with the TSV? Let's not go there! I like some prints but as accents or as lounge wear.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY)

Oh I know the TSV was flying at the door--but it was not my style at all. If you love it enjoy---I am like you---don't like really tight---and patterned bottoms in pants just draw attention--in my opinion.

I see some of the fashion shows with the super slim models and the tight pants/leggings just cling---no thanks---no one wants to see---and I don't want to be that uncomfortable.

You have had the weather---snowing heavily---but at least it wasn't sticking. I know you are ready for warm and sunny.

Hope you get a good report---for me waiting is difficult. Always a big relief when all is well.

Esteemed Contributor

LindaR--I think you have to be slim or have the right proportions to get away with wearing clinging or tight items. You are so correct about waiting for reports. I long ago developed the outlook that my agonizing over what may or may not be will not change the results.

The phone just rang. It appears that a teacher is not feeling well and wants to go home. I get to benefit!!!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning! Thanks for getting us started Jean. Sorry about your missed call/opportunity to work. It reminded me of a time long ago when my ex was doing freelance work, and there were no cell phones (at least nothing in common use) or even answering machines. He used to sit around the house most of the time afraid he would miss a call. And, since his work wasn't always at regular hours, he needed to do so most of the time. I was working at that time, and he would often be frazzled when I returned home since he was afraid he might have missed a call. Not fun.

Sorry your weather was/is colder than normal. What a winter you and many others have had. I hope you get positive news tomorrow.

It is funny, but I purchased the Amanda jeans myself one time, and they looked nice when I purchased them. However, I later found that they were falling down as the day went on -- I guess they had too much elastic/spandex or something. Anyway, they were donated after a few wearings, but I know many ladies love the jeans and wear them all the time. Oh well....

No TSV for me since like you and LindaR I really don't go for patterned pants. I have had a few over the years, but they tend to end up in the donation pile after being worn a couple of times. Also, I prefer the capri or pedal pusher length rather than crops. Hope those who order them love them.

DH and I are headed on a senior trip today -- up to a recreation area with a tram, etc. Should be fun, but I need to get busy and pack our lunch. The bookclub yesterday was fun, and my "report" was well received by the group, which was nice. If it works out, DH and I may go out to lunch with some of the ladies (and their husbands) from this group next week.

Waves to LindaR, Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, Susan, Marijane, Sonya, Karen, Nancy, Kathy, Gayle, Val, and all of our posters and readers. Sending more hugs to Rosa.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- Good news about the call in to work!

Valued Contributor

Hello All,

Jean, I love the GV capris and jeans. They never wear out, I have about 3-4 pairs.

Rainy here today, will stay indoors.

Just wanted to pass on to those who may shop via CVS.com. I received an email yesterday and they have started a "shop and save" program which is like Amazon's subscribe and save. Certain items are eligible, you pick frequency and the whole deal and there is free shipping. The shop and save items are 20% off. Right now, they are also offering a coupon 30Save that you can apply to your order so the savings are more so. I no longer use our local CVS pharmacy due to a customer service issue but have used their online services in the past with no problems.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Respected Contributor

Good morning Jean! I've been looking at Kohl's for bedding. I guess I should probably use the bedding I already have in the rv but would love a purple set. Smiley Very Happy Now I see you are heading in anyway - good for you! I know you enjoy your interactions with the kids.

Linda I wasn't into that tsv either - you made me look. lol

Nothing much to report here. I woke up with a sore back and was thinking I needed to call in to work but I got ready and took the humongo Ibuprophen she gave me for these situations and it felt better already. Add to that my heated seat and I'm feeling great.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

It's warming up again, thankfully - should be 80s by the weekend. I'm fighting off the "crud" again and don't have energy to do much of anything. I was going to bake last night, but just didn't feel up to it; the only thing I accomplished was packing up all the goodies I have for my soldiers as I was tired of having bags all over the place - I got five boxes ready, and will probably get them mailed early next week, as I'll need to go right to the bank and get the postage reimbursed. When I was in Aldi the other day they had bags of Welch's fruit snacks for 10¢ each, as the manager said they wanted to be rid of them, so I got all that remained - 35 bags. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} Oh, and I got more stuff set aside for the missionaries or thrift shop (not sure which yet) - I wore a 3/4 sleeve T-shirt type top that I had gotten in Sam's Club, and found myself pulling on it as it had shrunk in the length, so I decided to get rid of all the ones I have by that company. I have too many beautiful things to fuss with something I don't feel right in.

Glad to hear you got to work, Jean; schools here are on Easter break. Getting up at 7:30 is "sleeping in?" {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I love those Amanda jeans, but have learned to get them very tight, as they do stretch out a bit throughout the day - I have them in all colors, as Costco always carries them and so does Goody's. I even have a pair in a subtle floral print - shades of denim with a little bit of purples. As for the TSV, I think those prints are ugly and not at all summery - and who are they trying to kid with a $71 retail value? {#emotions_dlg.scared} I wouldn't give $5 for those!

Linda, I can make my own hot cross buns, but I rarely bake just for me and haven't had much energy lately anyway. I do want to bake for the police and firemen who have to work on Resurrection Day; hopefully I'll get more in the mood by Saturday.

I guess I'll take the dogs out for a little while. After I mailed a package to my cousin yesterday we went to the park for a little while. Autumn was in every puddle and stream she saw...yet won't give her own pool a second look - go figure! {#emotions_dlg.confused1} I did stop in Dollar Tree as I needed something, and they have Progresso soups, so I got a few; I got the last can of tomato basil, and if they had more I'd have gotten a case at that price!

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Occasional Contributor

On my walk this morning with Wilson, the dog, i noticed some daffodils in bloom and buds on some bushes and trees. I can hardly wait for spring. I mailed some pictures of my grandmother to a recently discovered relative this afternoon. I enjoy genealogy but am not especially good at it. However, I have learned many new things about my grandmother the last few years and have a much better understanding of some choices she made in her life. I wish I could talk to her now and tell her how sorry I am for some of the events that took place when she was a young woman.

Hi to everyone!

Respected Contributor

Shaussie, I reconnected with a neighborhood friend of my Mom a couple years ago on FB. She sent me through the mail a couple lilac blooms!!! It was so sweet of her. It was very special, as they do not grow in Texas.