Honored Contributor

At your church do folks tend to get dressed up for holidays like Easter? Our church does - mostly older - retirees - and many things are done the old way. We don't wear Easter bonnets but we do tend to wear something newer - spring pretty and dressier.Usually I get a new dress but this year I am stepping out of the box. I got a QF top - scalloped around the neckline and sleeve edge with pretty spring color embroidered flowers all around the neck and sleeve edges. I got mint green and I'm wearing it with simple navy pants. Not as dressy as my normal Easter but definitely very spring like. Its A231179.

Honored Contributor

That is a pretty top! Definitely says spring!

I will most likely go to the sunrise service on the patio of our church. I'm going to spend the rest of the day visiting with relatives in a town about an hour away. I'm not driving & don't know for sure what time we will be leaving.

We have all manners of dress at my church. There will be some Easter bonnets and dressy outfits and also some jeans. We've got all ages.

I'm still putting my Easter outfit together. I'm planning to wear the CWC cotton silk floral print blouse below open with a pink tank top underneath & black (possibly dark blue) slacks. I'm hoping to get a nice pair of wedge sandals to go with but I'm not sure I'll have the time or luck in finding a pair I like. I may end up wearing my birkenstocks.

Honored Contributor

That is a very pretty blouse - also very springy.

We are going to a friend's for dinner. I will probably change out of my pants into pedal pushers with that same top as it will be in the 80's here so I don't want to wear pants all day.

Honored Contributor

Yes people get dressed up more for Easter services than I would say even Christmas. And this year we are finally supposed to have good weather on Easter Sunday at 70 degrees. Last year I remember wearing a suede coat on Easter Sunday because it was cold.

I haven't given one thought to what I am going to wear on Sunday. Something comfortable because we still do the 2 hours thing!

Respected Contributor

We have a mix...seems like the older group and the little ones dress up the most. Some will wear hats. I love to see that but don't wear them myself. Last year I ordered a loose-fitting Susan Graver black/white georgette top with black knit crops outfit because I'd had surgery 2 weeks before and just wanted to be comfortable sitting thru a longer-than-usual service plus Sunday School. My incisions were still healing and I did not want to have to wear shapewear or pantyhose, or anything else that might touch my incisions. The waistband of the crops actually came up above the one at my waist.

This year, I'm wearing a dress--but it's not new. I bought it at a Talbot's Outlet last spring and wore the heck out of it last year. It's a sleeveless black with big pink/green floral print, A-line dress. I wear a pretty green or pink shrug over it. It's beautiful, comfortable, and I get tons of compliments every time I wear it!

Honored Contributor

It's a mixture; some dress up but the vast majority do not. Our church is large, there are three services on Easter. One is geared toward families with children and you see more dressed up worhipers at that service. But not dressed up like years ago. No hats, no pastel spring coats, no little girls in poofy dresses and patent leather shoes. Just people nicely dressed. In the other two services, a few women get dressed up in suits and dresses but pretty much everyone else dresses like it's any Sunday. I think the "Easter outfit" fell by the wayside because weather patterns changed from when I was a kid and also Easters have been in late March or early April for years. Here in New England, that's winterish weather. This is the first late April Easter in quite some time. The weather will (so they predict) be 60ish. So perhaps, I'll see more Spring outfits at church this year. I didn't buy anything special to wear, I never do. I do have new shoes. I'm thinking my new nude patent pumps, brown pants, a white tank top and my tan blazer. White pearl jewelry.

Honored Contributor

The way its going this week, a sweater and heavy coat might be a good choice.

a beautiful 39 today in Northern NJ, looks beautiful until you open the door {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Honored Contributor

When I was a little girl ladies in our church would obsess about what to get the wear on Easter. When I was about 11 my mom and I decided that we were not focusing on what was important enough, so we wore something old. That became OUR tradition.

Super Contributor

I haven't given it a thought, I guess I should. DD will be here and so I need to run out today and do some errands.

No one really gets dressed up here for Easter, it is fairly casual. Last year we went to church and I wore a maxi dress and a shrug.

Super Contributor
On 4/17/2014 Sooner said:

When I was a little girl ladies in our church would obsess about what to get the wear on Easter. When I was about 11 my mom and I decided that we were not focusing on what was important enough, so we wore something old. That became OUR tradition.

Your mom was very wise!