Respected Contributor

SHOPAHOLIC FRIENDS ODAT WED!

Good morning friends! I have little to report. My time at home seems to slip right out of my hands. It was very hard to get up this morning. Lots to do at work, I finally just told myself I have to spend some time on these 2 things and catch up. I am looking forward to this weekend because I will go spend a little time with my niece before she heads back to Ohio. It will be nice to have Friday off.

Continued prayers for our Rosa. Hugs to all!

Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLIC FRIENDS ODAT WED!

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Haven't been around for a few days, we went to DC to see the cherry blossoms this weekend. They were beautiful to see, but there was a ton of people there. I am glad I went to see them, but I would not go again. We went on Saturday and had a beautiful day, the temps were just right and the blossoms were in full bloom.

Kathleen - Thank you for starting us today. I am sure you will be very busy in the coming days, be sure to get a notebook and start to plan your adventure. I am a list person myself, I always think I will remember something and then, well you know how that goes. I do wish you and your DH the best in your move. When does that all happen??

Jean - Hope your procedure went well. Are you working do today?

LindaL - From what I have been reading, seems your DH is doing well. Have a good walk today.

Not much going on here today, I do have to get some ironing done and get some clothes off the clothes line. Of course there is always cleaning to do, but I am getting good at avoiding it. I know I need to get busy, that will start after Easter and after I make my cleaning list. Off to get some caffeine and get moving, have a good afternoon everyone.

Respected Contributor

Susan I am a list person too. I have a slim long notebook that I have been carrying around through all this, and scribbling in it here and there. We are trying to not SPEND more money so keeping that to a minimum with the rv. DH will move the RV on the 28th and I plan to keep my job through the summer.

The cherry blossoms sound lovely!

Respected Contributor

Good Morning.

Hugs and prayers for Rosa. Thinking of you dear lady.

Kathleen: Oh I know you life is whirling now! So many things to attend to and decisions to be made. Oh enjoy your visit.

Oh the cherry blossoms sound just lovely!. I am sure that was beautiful.

We had another cool night last night. I had taken the blankets off the bed---but had to put them back on for a few nights.

Finished up my paperwork for a project at church. Hopefully I did everything correctly---we will finish up tomorrow before services---and tape up the boxes. Need to work on my bible study.

My dad would say that Easter was the last cold snap. He grew up in Wisconsin and told me of a blizzard on Easter Sunday. He and my Mom married on Easter Sunday (April l).

I don't know if we had frost but it was definitely cold.

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon Ladies....the cherry blossoms sounded lovely Susan, I have never been to DC when they are blooming. I have a cherry tree in my yard that doesn't even have buds on it yet....I think it is behind a few weeks. we had snow last night and it is cold...the blankets came on the bed too LindaR and also the heat. Have a nice weekend with your niece Kathleen, I am usually a lost maker too...but my lists have lists etc. Prayers for you Rosa. Arlene, we have been getting hot cross buns from Entermans for years around here...usually they start a week before Lent and keep on going till Easter,they are good. LindaR when we lived in Maine our last cold snap and safe to plant was Memorial Day....and I still keep pretty much to that living down here. not much going on..I will be watching a double header for the Yankees today,they were rained/snowed out last night. have a nice day.......Marijane
Respected Contributor

I have never been to Maine---I know it is lovely. My DH told me stories of being stationed in Limestone. He was from New England so no stranger to cold and snow-but that was COLD. He also told me about the potato harvest time!

Have known several people from Maine. I know it is beautiful.

Trusted Contributor

LindaR ,I think that was Loring AF base up in Lmestone Maine.....way up near the Canadian border.....it closed in the early 90's and. I think the townpeople depended on it. not sure what it is now. Maine is a very big state....we lived in Cape Elizabeth and Falmouth .both outside of Portland...in the southern part of the state....you can travel 6-7 more hours before you get to Canada.my youngest son lives in Portland...he is the only one of my kids born up there. it is a very pretty state with both the mountains and the beautiful coast .
Respected Contributor

I believe you are correct. I didn't know that the base had closed. I knew it was very close to the Canadian border.

Yes, I am sure that Maine is a large state---being from TX I forget that other states are spacious also!!!!

I know the pictures are just lovely----I know the summer season is beautiful.

Trusted Contributor

Linda...yes the summers are beautiful...but short ! I don't ever remember taking the blanket off the bed ..stayed on year round...no need for AC up there. We lived near the beach but I never went n the water..even in August I would get pains shooting up my legs just standing in it....kids always went in though. somebody told me a long time ago that the Gulf Stream did not go up that far so that's why the water is always so cold.
Respected Contributor

Hi girls! It was downright COLD last night - even with the heat back on I had to wear warm PJs and a terry short robe on top of them to bed. With this crazy changing weather I'm back to feeling lousy; I just crashed yesterday - didn't have the energy to make cupcakes or do anything else, then I was coughing through the night again. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Jean, are you working this week? All the local schools here are closed for Easter break.

Susan, I'm with you on avoiding cleaning! I hate doing it, especially since it seems I no longer finish something then I have to start on it all over again. Fortunately I'm not Jewish - I'd HAVE to get the spring cleaning done before Passover, in case there's any crumbs that contain leaven around! Have you heard of this handy hint: Put some get well cards on your mantle. That way, if you get unexpected company and the house is a mess, your guests will assume you've been sick and haven't been able to clean! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I'm a happy camper - I went to one Walmart yesterday to return the tops that were too snug. They didn't have a larger size and didn't have the one I liked best in any size, so I just returned them, then went to another Walmart that's near an Aldi, which I had to go to. They had the same tops in all sizes, but this time I tired them on; I ended up going up two sizes, as they're cut extremely small. They also had my Entenmann's hot cross buns and got in a new shipment of Sweet Lemonade Peeps! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Marijane, I never saw Entenmann's hot cross buns before this year, but then again, it's only recently that stores started carrying more than just Entermann's donuts and coffee cake. I used to get hot cross buns from the bakery in Publix, but they were a disappointment this year. I wish we had an Entenmann's outlet like we did back in NY - they had so many good things!

There's a new pet supply store that opened in the same shopping area as that Aldi - Pet $ense. I want to check it out, but didn't have the energy yesterday; maybe next time I go to Aldi.

It's supposed to warm up in the next few days; hopefully it'll be warm for Easter, as I have a new (well, not "new" but never worn) skirt and sweater set that I want to wear to church. I have to remember to leave early, as I'm sure it will be crowded, Easter being a "poinsettia/lily" day. (Referring to those who only go to church on Christmas and Easter.) I remember when getting a new Easter outfit was a big deal, complete with "silly" hats. One year, when I was in grammar school, it snowed on Easter Sunday. I went to a Catholic school, and each class had to assemble on the street every Sunday and go to services as a group; I remember the girls standing around freezing in their lightweight coats, many with open shoes, as they couldn't wait to wear their new clothes.

I don't have energy to do much of anything today, although I have to get to the post office to mail a package to my cousin. Her mother is 90 and has Alzheimer's, and she loves opening gifts. I got a few little things for her and am going to tell my cousin to give her one present a day, or hand onto them for days when her mom is being difficult and needs calming down.

Guess I'd better get my errand done...then I'm going to take a nap. Have a blessed day, everyone!