Super Contributor

Paging magicmoodz: How's the search for a new perfume coming along?

Have you found any winners? Some possibilities?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Paging magicmoodz: How's the search for a new perfume coming along?

Hi maddie! How nice of you to ask!

I did treat myself to a tried and true bottle of Coach Signature. I believe you and I share similar "likes" when it comes to light floral/citrus scents, since we are both fans of Jo Malone's Orange Blossom. Coach Signature is described as: pretty, chic and playful; a blend of soft, fresh fruits and florals with a heart of fragrant yellow blossoms and warm hints of amber and cedar wood.

My next thread should ask the question "How Do You Shop for Perfume?" LOL There are so many scents popular today that read sickeningly sweet on me. I don't like sweet and my husband doesn't either. Once I get that smell in my nose, it is hard to move on to the next scent and be objective.

Have you tried a new scent for spring?

Super Contributor

Hi, magic!

Glad that you found a new fragrance that works well for you. Wear it in good health!

To answer your question, no, I have not tried any new scents for spring. I have quite a few bottles of Jo Malone that I want to use. This time of the year I tend to reach for:

Orange Blossom (of course) -- the only one I'll buy in the big bottle!

English Pear & Freesia

Nectarine Blossom & Honey

White Jasmine & Mint

Tea Blends: Grapefruit & Assam, Fresh Lemon, Mint (usually all three mixed)

Today I'm wearing plain old Grapefruit.

Did you sample anything else that you liked?

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, maddie, just reading your list makes me long for some of my Jo Malone favorites! I have not tried any of the Tea Blends. Perhaps I should take a look at them. Do you find any Jo Malone scents that last longer than otrhers?

After my olfactory sense was assaulted by several sweet scents, I decided I had enough and will revisit a new purchase another day!

Super Contributor

I find that Red Roses lasts a REALLY long time on me, and I barely put any on! Pomegranate Noir is also long-lasting, but I'm retiring it for the spring and summer.

I often reach for English Pear & Freesia on the hottest summer days and it seems to stay on pretty well for a light scent.

I LOVE the Tea Blends! I think most of the original collection is still available at Neiman Marcus. I bought a second bottle of Grapefruit & Assam last fall because I wear it so much. I don't know if the Mint is offered any longer, but I'm sure that the Fresh Lemon is. Earl Grey & Cucumber is part of the Tea Blends, but it smells too manly on me.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you maddie. Red Roses is a little to heavy for me. I consider Pomegranate Noir to be a nighttime scent. I try to be extremely sensitive to people who have an aversion to any scent. There are times when I am in a public place and get a whiff of a woman's perfume that sends me running in the opposite direction and I would not want to be that woman.

I do love English Pear and Freesia. I think I, at one time, had Grapefruit, but not Grapefruit and Assam. Are you referring to White Jasmine and Mint? I like that too!

I might just have to reconcile to the fact that the Jo Malone scents I love don't have staying power and deal with it! LOL

Super Contributor

Red Roses is a bit heavy and I seldom wear it, but every once in awhile the mood strikes and I want to wear it -- but sparingly. One spritz of that is PLENTY!

The Mint I'm referring to was called (I think) Fresh Mint and was originally part of the Tea Blends collection. I checked on Neiman's website earlier and did not see it. It is NOT the White Jasmine & Mint, which is still offered.

Think about getting a sample of the Jo Malone bath oil and dab it on your wrists. A friend of mine says that several ladies she works with do this all the time.

Esteemed Contributor

Someone else mentioned layering Jo Malone for better lasting power. I may have to look into that, although it goes against my general principles. I would expect having to do that with, say a Bath and Body Shop scent, but not at the price point of JM.

I might have to readjust my thinking to wear what I love! Thanks again for all your help, maddie!