Honored Contributor

I've been invited to an interfaith Seder meal at our local synagogue tomorrow evening. I'm not sure what to wear - dressy, work-style? Is it OK to wear black? Can someone help? TIA! Smile

Trusted Contributor

Re: Need advice for Seder meal

Hi beach-mom; hope it's not too late for you. There's a Passover thread going in "Kitchen & Food Talk." As to what to wear, just work-style or what you'd wear to church. Nothing fancy but not messy, either. Hope that helps! Enjoy!

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Regular Contributor

Yes, black is ok to wear. I would recommend wearing something a little dresser than everyday clothes....either business casual (nice slacks with a sweater or blouse, or a skirt and coordinating top)... like something you'd go to church in. I hope you have a great learning experience.

Honored Contributor

Be comfortable if they do the whole Hagadah it might be a long evening

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

Business casual- & comfortable. But no jeans!

Super Contributor

Having the arms and shoulders covered if it is in a temple? No short skirts. Black is fine . Business casual is fine. Have a nice time.

Trusted Contributor

What is a Seder meal?

Super Contributor

On 4/16/2014 TaylorBrown said:

What is a Seder meal?

A special dinner to celebrate Passover (when Moses freed the Jews from Egypt). If you are Christian, this was the meal Jesus shared with his Apostles just prior to his crucifixion.