Respected Contributor

SHOPAHOLIC FRIENDS ODAT TUES!

Good morning friends and readers!! I was so touched by all who stopped in and shared messages for Rosa yesterday. Rosa, we adore you and you are definitely in my thoughts and prayers. (((((((hugs))))))

My friend finally got her passport to go home to El Salvador for a week so I am taking her to the store today to buy a new suitcase. That is the only shopping I've got on my agenda, though I will be purchasing a couple things for our rv as soon as we get it in the driveway. A new mattress for sure.

I've not much else to share this morning. Hugs and waves to all.

Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLIC FRIENDS ODAT TUES!

Rosa: sending you hugs this morning.

Kathleen: Oh a trip to El Salvador. I know she is very excited!.

No shopping for me---no needs other than some foodstuff---and some expenses coming up.

Esteemed Contributor

RC, You are so right about hugs for Rosa. I was really shocked at the sad news. It is so nice that your friend gets to go home. Did you purchase the RV, or are you still looking for the right one? Yes a new mattress would definitely be the first thing I would be buying too.

Kittyfan, No shopping for me either. I don't need anything & DH & I would like to go on vacation soon. I have an appt. with my GP next Monday, so if the weather does warm up a bit we hope to hit the highway for KY & TN. Haven't been down there in over 30 years & we are actually not really that far away.

DH & his friend did their walk this morning & plan to have lunch out as I am having a girls out lunch today. It is with gals that I used to work with quite a few years ago. The weather is cold. Low 20's last night & only 40's most of the week with rain & snow showers scattered in each day.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon! Like everyone else, I'm thinking about Rosa and sending her hugs. To be honest, I'm still in shock at the outcome of the transplant. I can't imagine how difficult it is for Rosa. Hope our prayers do help her in some way.

Hope your friend has a nice trip home Kathleen, and hope you find the RV you wish to buy (if you haven't done so already.) I'd replace the mattress first thing as well. My SIL may get her "new" (to her) car soon.

Have a nice lunch twinny. Hope you and your DH can get away on your trip (and your weather improves.

Off to my volunteer work now. DH and I took a walk this morning, and we will go to the gym this afternoon. Nothing else to report.

Waves to LindaR, Jean (working today), Arlene, Sonya, Susan, Marijane, Karen, Val, Nancy, Kathy, Gayle, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Super Contributor

Good morning . have a nice day everyday.

Respected Contributor

I am still shocked as well. How horrible to be looking forward to a new life and have it taken away like that. I know none of us imagined that happening.

Twinny, I think we settled on the RV that we have been talking about. I'm not happy about the brown colors but everything else is "right". We just have to schedule the pick up when they go over all the details with us about how to do everything. So technically we just put down enough money so they won't show it to anyone else but it is ours just have to go get it.

My friend is so happy to go "home" for a week. She has family there she hasn't seen in years. I was so happy for her that I told her I would buy her suitcase. lol

Twinny girls out lunch sounds very nice!! Linda, enjoy your volunteer job! I know they appreciate you.

Trusted Contributor

good afternoon Ladies, I think you said it for us LindaL yesterday saying you were stunned to hear about Rosa's DH......If you are reading Rosa please know you are in all our thoughts and prayers. Kathleen is that the RV you will be getting that you posted pix's of on FB the other day? To be honest I don 't think I could ever live in one....but just knowing you for these past few years I kmow you and DH will do great. When do you plan on moving? Twinny I hope the weather warms up for you and you take your trip next week. have a nice time today with lunch with the girls. it's pouring rain here and temps will be dropping into the. 30's.....maybe some snow showers. Happy I haven't started my planting. nothing else happening ... have a nice afternoon..... Meeras.....drop in anytime.... Marijane
Respected Contributor

Marijane those pics are the one we settled on. I think this is just another adventure for us. Who knows how we will do in it for so long. We will move it up there around the end of the month but I will keep my job here for a while. I guess I should update my resume - can't even think about leaving my job. It got close to freezing this morning and supposed to again tonight as well. We found my friend a big purple suitcase. She was so happy - it was worth every penny.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

Rosa, if you see this, know that I and many people from my board are covering you in prayer. If there's anything you need, or just want to talk, I'm here for you.

It's gotten downright chilly today - temps down to the 40s , so I had to turn the heat on again - yet it's supposed to go back to the 70s-80s again tomorrow; weird weather for sure! I did get the front lawn cut on Sunday, as well as half the back - most of the back yard is clover, so it's not bad (and I like the flowers), but I wanted to make sure I could see any doggy "land mines" and not step in them before they got picked up, so I did that area. Anyway, it looks like thanks to the rain I'll have to do it all again in a few days. (sigh) I also got the driveway cleared of all the dead leaves and dried grass. I was going to wash the car, but it's a good thing I didn't - when I went out yesterday it was covered with yellow pollen; no point in washing it until that "season" is over with.

Any word from Jean on the results of her test?

I want to Walmart and Publix yesterday - no hot cross buns to be found. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} I picked up a couple of tops in Walmart, but whereas I can wear a medium or large from them, these are a large and are very snug so I'll have to return them today - there's absolutely no "give" in the fabric. I didn't need them, but they were inexpensive and very, very pretty and colorful. Oh well...

No other plans apart from making some cupcakes which I'll deliver tomorrow; then over the weekend I'll be making more for the police and firemen who have to work on Resurrection Day.

I haven't been on FB in quite a while, and took a quick look yesterday. I found a message from my "weird" cousin - her sister (who is also my godchild and is the daughter of my Aunt Irene, whom I adore) had breast cancer, and apparently it's made a reappearance. Please say a prayer for Irene. Whereas almost everyone from my parents' families live into their 80s and 90s, my Aunt Irene (who married my mother's brother) died of leukemia at 41; her son died at 39. (Irene will be 49 next birthday.) I've shared the Gospel with Irene and she seemed receptive, but I hate to see her going through this again; thankfully she has a husband who is crazy about her and will be very supportive.

I guess I should think about getting dressed and getting moving; no park today, as it's too chilly (we did hit the walking trail across the street from Publix yesterday) - the girls will have to be content with a burger from Krystal, as I have a BOGO coupon.

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

Good evening, everyone! I am home from work where I had a very good day subbing in first grade. Had I to do it over, I would major in elementary instead of a field of secondary education. Growing up, I was never around little kids so I had no way of knowing if I could work with them. Love that age group.

Kathleen--Thank you for starting the thread. Like you and others, I thought of Rosa often today. I did like the pics of the RV. I do know that brown isn't a favorite color but focus upon the other positive aspects of the RV.

Meeras--Thanks for dropping by. Please do so again. I hope you had a wonderful day.

Twinny--I thought of you today as I drove through the blowing snow on the way home from work. The ground is too warm for the snow to stick but it was pretty.

Marijane--Definitely not a good time to start planting. The big box stores have quit putting flowers, etc. out in April, which was once a safe time to plant here.

Linda--I think it is great that you and DH remain active and participate in both walking and in the gym, as well as your volunteer activities. All will keep you fit and keep you involved.

Arlene--I won't know the results of the test until Friday. I was told in advance that it would take 3 to 4 days for the images to be processed and interpreted.

I got a chuckle yesterday when having the bone scan. I had to kill 2-1/2 hours after the injection to permit the dye stuff to penetrate the bones. I went into Walmart where I killed time but didn't buy a thing. I saw quite a few things that are being sold on HSN and QVC including the infamous spin mop and My Pillow.

I work at the same school again tomorrow. Right now, I'm watching CNN.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.