Super Contributor

Those of you who are fans of Isaac's moccasins......I love what they look like but hesitate since to my eye they look like they really don't have much support. What has been your experience? TYIA

Super Contributor
I saw some moccasins that were suede in pretty colors with bows, are those the ones? I don't wear totally flat shoes, but they were cute I thought. I'll be watching for replies to your post.
Super Contributor

Respected Contributor

You're right; there isn't any support at all. I have 2 pair of the very first ones he came out with at QVC; one pr in purple & the other's orange. I can take the insole out of a pair of my Orthaheels & slip them in which helps some. Don't expect much comfort wearing them if you'll be standing/walking much.

Esteemed Contributor

I was thinking of posting the exact same question! It looks like there is no support at all. The soles look so thin.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Super Contributor

No moccasin has support. They're just not that kind of shoe. I actually put some thin insoles in my Minnetonkas to add a bit of cushioning and arch support and it helps, but I wouldn't want to walk long distances in them. If you really need a supportive shoe, moccasins are just not for you.

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” H.P. Lovecraft
Valued Contributor

I bought his moccasins when he made them for Target. Very pretty but no support. These shoes have the same sole and are made exactly the same as the Target shoes so they are not comfortable. They are really pretty but not comfy. Of course, these moccasins cost about $30 more than the Target shoes he did.

Frequent Contributor
I have reoccurring plantar Faciitis and usually wear orthoheel, fin comforts, or Clark's. I've wanted a pair of Isaac's Moccasins for a long time. I finally bought a pair at "as is" prices and I really love them. They have a cushy sole which should be fine for most people. They are extremely comfortable. If I wear them a lot, I may have to put my orthodic in them but I wore them two days in a row with no foot pain. I REALLY like them.
Super Contributor

Here is my personal opinion on his mocs. I have the first ones he sold a few years back. They stretch out, they are cheaply made, way overpriced. Your foot will sweat in them. No support what-so-ever. It kills me he compares his mocs to such brands as Tod's. They are so far from it.

Respected Contributor
On 4/15/2014 Hippie Chic said:

Here is my personal opinion on his mocs. I have the first ones he sold a few years back. They stretch out, they are cheaply made, way overpriced. Your foot will sweat in them. No support what-so-ever. It kills me he compares his mocs to such brands as Tod's. They are so far from it.

Are the construction and materials the same today as they were a few years back? Seems as though the padding and things have been upgraded, but I don't own any of the more recent styles (or the old ones, for that matter!).