Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a sunny but cool morning. I eagerly await the time that I can flip the switch from "heat" to "cool."

I noted the threads on the impending shutdown of Coldwater Creek. Since its east coast distribution center is 45 miles from me, the rumors regarding this have been rampant for a few months. The center closed its call center over a year ago which started the rumors. Declining sales and lack of a profit for almost two years led to the decision. This was a big employer in the city near me so this will be a big economic blow.

At one time, I would have been tempted by the TSV. Personally, although super sizing may work for some, I prefer the smaller sizes. I don't feel a need to spend $100 for it, especially when Philosophy no longer works that well for me.

I did see the Dennis Basso jacket presented. I have it in the stone and it is a winner. I would be tempted to get another one but enough is enough. I have the 3/4 sleeve Denim & Co. jackets in pink and white from last year, so my jacket collection is sufficient. I also have a SG jacket in a "conversation" print which I have had for years, and the thing goes with everything and wears and wears. It was one of my best purchases back when you got great quality for the money you spent.

I saw the Lisa Rinna print top presented on AM Style. All I could think of was that last weekend, I got 3 similar ones on sale at Kohls with a further reduction of 30% with my discount. All 3 which are of excellent quality from the better lines came in at less than one of the Lisa Rinna tops.

I have a package at the Post Office I need to pick up. It is one of those Amazon subscribe and save packages that was sent by FedEx to my home address but was delivered to the Post Office. Gr-r-r-r! When I want something send to my home address, I expect the delivery service to deliver it at my home.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY)

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started Jean. I know that several people in my area have already made the switch to cool since our temperatures have been higher than normal lately (yesterday was 94 or 95). But, I'm enjoying having both heat and cool turned off at this point. Saving a bit of money that way. It should be cooler for a while (mid-80's or so), and the house wasn't that warm. Glad you are having a sunny day.

No TSV for me either. I like Philosophy okay, but certainly not enough to pay the price. I know some ladies love it, and probably would like the supersize. We are now three hours behind QVC time, so I rarely can catch AM Style, etc. That is okay since it would just be another temptation for me. I like Leah very much and miss her smile, however.

Sorry about the closing of Coldwater Creek and the loss of jobs for your area. I have purchased things from them, and I really like their stores (one is near DD). But, I haven't purchased anything lately (past year or so) -- no need and really nothing "called my name" as they say.

We are having a windy day today -- should be very windy this afternoon, so I want to take a walk soon. My new tires (they came in early and I had them mounted yesterday) are nice looking (for tires that is), and I hope they last a long time with no problems. Still not the most "fun" purchase I have made.

I started DH on fiber (powder, etc.) this morning, and I hope it will help him.

Should be a quiet weekend for me -- just the regular laundry and financial stuff.

Waves to Kathleen (enjoy the wedding), Arlene, Sonya, twinny, Susan, Marijane, LindaR, Rosa, Gayle, Karen, Val, Nancy, Kathy, and all of our posters and readers.

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, I am with you as I would never spend $100 on any skin care item. I like what I now use & hope to age gracefully. I am here with me, myself & I. DH left at 8:45 for our church annual cleanup day. By 9:00 there was heavy rain, thunder & lightening going on, so I think any outside work will not get done. Then we had a hail storm & the yard was covered with pea sized hail. Now the sun is shining, but more rain predicted for this afternoon through tomorrow. Then next week they say highs only in the 40's after a beautiful week of 60's. Oh they did say an inch of snow tomorrow night too. I did like the DB jacket too. It looks sort of dressy & very useable. I do like the SG jean jacket I bought 8 years ago. I got the white background with a nice floral design. I wish she would make that one again. It goes with everything in my wardrobe, I still get compliments on it every time I wear it. I didn't like the Lisa Rinna things & they are out of my budget. I like Kohl's much better and like you say you can get three for the price of one.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--I am glad...and I know that you are also...that DH has completed the test and now only has to face more fiber in his diet, something that you can easily do. I never bought anything from Coldwater Creek. I was in its outlet but most of the items seemed to be for the smaller sizes and there were no petites in the pants. Some of the accessories were nice but I left without buying but I was one of the rare ones. Enjoy your walk and great weather.

Twinny--One of the problems I have with many of these TSV collections is that I might prefer one or two items but the rest go unused. The TSV is a bargain for anyone using all those products religiously. I have a 32 ounce Purity that is taking forever to use up. I quit using the Philosophy shower gel because I began itching to death after using it. I switched to the Walmart version of Dove's body wash for sensitive skin and have never been cleaner and comfortable after the shower. The Purity is good but I have since experience two better products...the Ole Henriksen African cleanser and its runner up, the PTR cleansing gel. Isn't it great when you find jackets that really work and are of such a quality that they withstand the test of time? The weather is crazy!

The DB jacket which I exchanged for a larger size works well. I was concerned that the sleeves might be too long but everything is perfect. Love that jacket and it will last. I don't see myself getting so small (ha, ha) that I need a much smaller size. If I do, this one will work well over sweaters, etc.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Hi girls! It's another warm, beautiful day out - temps were in the 80s yesterday, and more of the same is expected today. It still gets pretty cool at night, so it'll probably be at least a month before I can even think about getting the pool open as the water would be cold.

I got out an Indigo Moon jacket that I had been thinking of donating, but might wear it to church tomorrow - I had forgotten how pretty it is. I have quite a few jackets but the season for them here is very, very short - it seems to go from chilly to very warm pretty much overnight, so the jackets don't get used much, if at all - most of the ones I have still have tags on them. {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Jean, I developed that same problem, but with BBW shower gels - they must have changed the formulation, because whereas I used to use them all the time with no issues, they now make me ltch in sensitive areas. I've used Philosophy, but wasn't particularly impressed; I do have a bottle of Philosophy shower gel I got for my birthday but haven't used it yet. I always see their products in TJ Maxx, but can't say I'm really tempted. Some of the shower gels have nice scents, but they don't last. I sure wish BBW would bring back their Temptations brand.

It annoys me no end that Amazon sometimes sends things by "SmartPost," because I don't want mail coming to the house, seeing as the local PO is so awful and much is lost. If I order a book from another seller I choose the PO box address which is in the city, but with Amazon itself, you never know, unless an item is fairly large. BTW, did you see the article about their paying employees who aren't happy with their job up to $5,000 to quit?

We have a Coldwater Creek in the large shopping area nearby, but I've never been tempted to go in there for some reason - I find more than enough in my "off price" stores such as TJ Maxx and Marshall's. I wish I had even half the money I used to waste by shopping at places like Saks Fifth Avenue, Bergdorf's, and Bloomingdales, and paying their high prices! {#emotions_dlg.crying} I see there's a thread about Bon Worth possibly closing. I've never been in one of their stores, but I ran into a woman who used to work at JCP who started working there PT after she retired and she said she was happy there and said they had nice things. I got curious and did a little research on the chain; seems their clothing is US made, and for that reason alone I'd like to check it out - although I'd hate to find a store I love and then have it close on me. (Not that I need anything....)

I did get my car registration up-to-date yesterday. Funny, but almost everyone goes to the large office which is on the outskirts of town and waits for hours to get their business completed; I went to the courthouse downtown and was in and out in about five minutes. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} Sure enough, they had my address wrong - they had the number of the trashy next door neighbor - and she must have tossed it. I'm looking forward to her moving; she can't really afford that house, so it's just a matter of time before she either sells or loses it...meanwhile, I'm soooo tempted to report her to the postal authorities. {#emotions_dlg.devil2} That's one piece of mail that I do want to come to my home, as the PO box is in the city and I'd have to pay more for the registration if it was sent there, even though I don't live there.

Afterwards I took the girls to the park, and found the retractable leash for Autumn. She had a ball! She was in and out of the water, and she adores kids - there must have been some in her previous home; she kept going up to them, wanting to play. Honeybun, OTOH, would edge daintily near the edge of the stream and take a drink; she's not interested in getting wet. I met an elderly man who puts food out for some feral cats there twice a day; I was wondering who filled the bowls I always see behind a fence.

I guess I should get moving; not sure yet what I want to do today - I still have to get the grass cut, but I'm pretty stiff and sore, probably from my fall. I didn't get hurt, but had a heck of a time getting up again, as I was slipping and sliding all over. At the very least I need to get the front lawn cut - fortunately it's not very large.

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

Arlene--I get my car registration renewed at the Sheriff's Office. It is a dollar more but it saves so much time. I had a couple of Indigo Moon jackets a few years ago. I really liked them but they got too big on me. I also had one by Koos which was reversible and was a great jacket very well made.

I've been looking at the beauty items available for Subscribe and Save at Amazon. There are 145 pages of them. It is a way of killing time, but it also gave me ideas of what is available.

Respected Contributor

Jean, now that you mention it, I haven't tried this jacket on in years - I'd better do it today, before I find myself not knowing what I want to wear tomorrow morning. I did give a couple of them away as they were too large. I have a gorgeous embroidered Linea jacket, but that one is a little too small; I'm getting back to watching what I eat, which is so hard to do in the winter when you just sit around the house a lot.

I'm going out in a little while; I have an ltch to buy something...but there's nothing I need. Even food - I toss out too much, and have to focus on using what I have. Maybe something for the troops???? Well, I'll play it by ear... {#emotions_dlg.blink}

OK, I do NEED some summer nightgowns, seeing as I can't find my stash...

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon. Was up early and on the road to church. Ladies had a project to complete. Oh my, no one could get on the same page! Finally we got it done and I headed home. There was some type of incident on the road---guard rail damaged and something in the ditch. Down to one lane for a time. This weekend is the MS 150 which is thousands of bicycles traveling from Houston to Austin. They go halfway and then head in on Sunday. So depending on which way they funnel the traffic may not get out of my road in the morning! Hopefully they will not have the HS as a rest stop--but will use the middle school. They direct the traffic---but the bikes have preference over vehicles. THen in the afternoon the vehicles heading back to Houston with bikes attached is bumper to bumper.

Dogs are all lounging and lazy today. I didn't sleep well last night so it may be an early evening for me. It is windy again today---Chance of some weather Sunday and Monday.

I also have a few Indigo Moon jackets. Some of them were very cute.

Respected Contributor

Arlene: We had a beloved Springer Spaniel who LOVED to bathe. We had a kiddie pool that a previous dog loved---he ignored that---but if I was running the water in the tub he would be there---wanting a bath. He was a rescue---and one of the BEST---although I have had lots of great rescues since then. He had obviously been abused in his young live. Said goodbye to him at 12. Adopted him about six months of age.

At that time we had our first Old English. She hated to bathe---would get out of the tub at any opportunity. If I tried to do her first he would get in the tub and push her out---of course she was happy to escape.

Esteemed Contributor

Arlene--the minute you go out and buy those summer nightgowns, you will come home and find the others but after you have worn the new ones. I've done that.

Linda--That traffic situation sounds very challenging. I do hope you sleep better tonight. It is good that the church project finally got finished. Too many cooks with different recipes or ideas for how it should be done?

Tomorrow, it is expected to be in the mid-80's; next week, we may have snow showers.