Frequent Contributor

I am watching Shark Tank, and every time I see Lori Greiner, I wonder why she wears the same three dresses over and over. Maybe she's spending too much investing, and doesn't have enough cash for clothes? lol {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

There's always a lot to be thankful for if you take time to look for it.
For example, I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt.
Honored Contributor

Maybe some of the shows are taped. When watching "The Voice", the stars are wearing the same outfit for several shows. They do several shows in a day's time.

Honored Contributor

You'd think they'd all be smarter than that. Most shows are taped over and over (the same day).

One such show is "Wheel of Fortune". They tape the shows over and over. There are many like that. Many talk shows are the same.

Sometimes you can spot audience members wearing the same clothes. It's almost fun to see who you can spot.

I never noticed, but I find the show tedious. They sit up there like a bunch of pompous #$%% and everyone 'bends' to them. Multi-millionaires aren't that impressive anymore.

My son-in-law has been dealing with Billionaires and he said they couldn't be nicer. He said some of the biggest jerks he's met are people that have the same amount of money as some of those people who are 'Sharks'.

Many people have a lot of money on paper. It's liquid money that matters anymore. Lori has money on paper. Liquid money probably not so much.

Frequent Contributor
On 4/11/2014 Sister Golden Hair said:

Maybe some of the shows are taped. When watching "The Voice", the stars are wearing the same outfit for several shows. They do several shows in a day's time.

Yes, I knew about The Voice, but I seem to remember these dresses from last season, too...especially the black one with the cut-outs that she's wearing tonight.

For example, I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt.
Frequent Contributor
On 4/11/2014 annabellethecat said:

You'd think they'd all be smarter than that. Most shows are taped over and over (the same day).

One such show is "Wheel of Fortune". They tape the shows over and over. There are many like that. Many talk shows are the same.

Sometimes you can spot audience members wearing the same clothes. It's almost fun to see who you can spot.

I never noticed, but I find the show tedious. They sit up there like a bunch of pompous #$%% and everyone 'bends' to them. Multi-millionaires aren't that impressive anymore.

My son-in-law has been dealing with Billionaires and he said they couldn't be nicer. He said some of the biggest jerks he's met are people that have the same amount of money as some of those people who are 'Sharks'.

Many people have a lot of money on paper. It's liquid money that matters anymore. Lori has money on paper. Liquid money probably not so much.

You'd think, huh? lol Family Feud tapes a bunch at a time...probably a week's worth.

I don't like Lori ("The Queen of QVC")on the show...she can be a little vicious at times. I can tolerate Robert and Barbara, but that's it.

Honored Contributor

She always dresses poorly on the Q, must not be her thing. You would think someone would clue her in on presenting herself better

Super Contributor
I read somewhere, that the individual segments of Shark Tank are not necessarily aired in the same order they are taped. Four segments, that may have been taped on four different days, are pieced together to make an entire show. Therefore, for some continuity, the ladies tend to wear the same clothing all the time. Though I haven't particularly noticed specifically, I think the gentlemen wear very similar clothing (styles, color, etc.) at all times, too. Kevin O'Leary is always in a dark suit/tie. Mark Cuban is always tie-less, but in dark pants & sport coat. Robert Herjavec tends to go tie-less, but with lighter colored pants & sport coat.
“There are two ways to be rich: One is by acquiring much, and the other is by desiring little.” —Jackie French Koller
Super Contributor
On 4/11/2014 Sister Golden Hair said:

Yes, but knowing that you'd think they would bring enough changes of clothes

Respected Contributor

I sometimes watch Shark Tank, but I watch it to see the products people bringing - some really interesting, many just pipe dreams. It's not a fashion show - I never note what someone is wearing - bet the guys have on the same suit over and over. Why would anyone care what Lori is wearing?

Honored Contributor

This is such a common question if you go to Google and type in "Shark Tank same" it autocompletes with "clothes" or "outfits!"{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

There are several articles explaining it. Here's one with some interesting behind the scenes information on the show from an industry insider (full article at link):

8 things you didn’t know about ‘Shark Tank’

"...Yes, the Sharks fly into Los Angeles several times a year (often in July and October, if not more) and shoot several marathon days in which 20 or so business pitch, one after the other, with time in between to set up for the next one and get make-up touch-ups. Then the segments are mixed and matched over multiple episodes — which is why Barbara Corcoran and Lori Greiner wear the same outfit week after week. They have to for continuity, so the look will remain the same no matter when the segment airs. The guys are wearing the same clothes, too, but few people seem to notice that..."

(link goes to: http://jasoncochran.com/blog/8-things-you-didnt-know-about-shark-tank/)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova