Trusted Contributor

Recommendations on where to get some cute peasant dresses?

I live in the very warm SW with temps in the hundreds for months on end and want to get some cool comfortable dresses. I like the look and comfort of peasant dresses but really don't know where to find some for reasonable prices. The other dress type I am searching for is like a cami top (well two straps either wide or thin) with just an A-line bodice or even fuller than that. Just nothing too straight that would be confining.

Any and all suggestions would be so appreciated. I am going to check Burlington's as I know they carry a lot of dress styles but can't think of other stores that might have some. Doesn't need to be a discount store by any means - just mentioned Burlington's because I know they have carried a big selection of dresses in the past.

Thanks so much Smile

I prefer knee length or even a bit shorter as maxis are just too hot for this weather.

Honored Contributor

Re: Recommendations on where to get some cute peasant dresses?

Travelsmith has them, but I don't know what you think is "reasonable."

Trusted Contributor

You might find some options you'd like in this collection:

http://www.polyvore.com/peasant_dress/shop?query=peasant+dress

Have you tried Googling ""purchase peasant dresses"" to see what links come up?

Super Contributor

Hi wackers,

Macy's has Style & Co peasant dresses for sale in the twenty eight dollar range - its a 3 day special (ends on the 14th) with an additional 15-20% off..just type in peasant dress in their search bar..they seem to be getting good reviews.

p.s. these don't seem to be shorter length like you want but might be worth a look in case something catches your eye!

Contributor

Not sure what stores you have near you, but Target, Old Navy and JC Penny all have cute peasant dresses, reasonably priced.

Honored Contributor

softsurroundings.com is a great place to look also......not cheap, but beautiful items.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

Have you tried Anthropologie? They usually have cute dresses. Also look at Sundance, they usually have a lot of peasant dresses and tops.

And don't discount maxi dresses if you see one you really like. You can always have a maxi dress hemmed, to the length you like.

Respected Contributor

Usually I see dresses like you describe at Ross... and they are always under $20. Some cute things await if you just take time to flip through the bad stuff. My secret is to look at the bottom of the racks as I flip through the hangers... easier to see the fabric and patterns/ colors.If something strikes me I look at the top part. I always check there....and usually find something. They have lots of cotton strap a line undressed.I asked what day they get new stock in and go by that late afternoon. My niece got her 8th grade formal dress there for $14.99. We looked at DEB at the mall and same styles of short formulas were Almost $100 and up. Her dress is so floaty and pretty. She will wear it once and so why pay so much!

Valued Contributor

Garnet Hill and Sundance come to mind Both are catalogs. Sorry, I can't clicky.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks everyone as I got some great ideas from you all. Just got the chance to come back here tonight so probably missed the Macy's sale but will still go online and see what they have.

Would not have thought of quite a few of the stores/sites mentioned so really do appreciate you posting them for me.

Have a super week!