Esteemed Contributor

So, while I've found a few pieces I like from previous Kohl's designer collaborations, I've not been all the impressed. The new collection from Peter Som is a huge improvement and here are a few of the pieces I really liked (and bought):

Pineapple print charmeuse pants: a nice thick (but not icky) satiny fabric, good pockets, and softly draping legs like really comfy but cool pjs. My usual medium was a great fit. Kicky and summery to wear with a t and wedges.

Moto jacket: I've been wanting a white moto jacket for spring to wear with dress and jeans and what I like about this one is the simplicity of it. Not too much blingy detail and no nonsense on the sleeves; makes them easy to push up. Soft knit but not shiny poly feel. Good!

Splatter Maxi: much nicer than expected from the cool, crisp fabric to the easy styling. Like the elastic waist (comfy) and the slit. Also, pockets!

French Terry Pants: I just love the look of a dressy sweat pant and these have a lower rise that updates the style. Bought in black; may get the blue.

Embroidered sweat shirt: This felt very J Crew on and the fit was awesome. Not baggy, but not too snug. I bought up a size to have a slouchier look, but my normal small would have been fine. Good quality on this one.

There was lots more but this is what I chose for round one. In the coming weeks as the discounts get deeper, there are few things I would love to have.

I also did some damage at the Uniqlo collection by Ines de la Fressange which is totally awesome if you like simple styles.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Frequent Contributor

Re: Review: Peter Som for Kohls

Thanks for the my review, gardens. I've got the pants above in my cart - trying to decide - I'm 5' tall and not sure about the length for me.

Super Contributor

Re: Review: Peter Som for Kohls

I'm digging both the pineapple and french terry pants! The other pieces look great, too, but I don't have a need for them in my wardrobe. I'm thinking I'll stop in Kohl's tomorrow to see if they're there just for fit purposes. If my size isn't in stock in my local Kohl's, do you get free shipping if you order from the kiosk?