Honored Contributor

Is there anyone besides me who won't be sporting a maxi skirt/dress this summer?

Really and truly, they are not my thing at all.{#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Honored Contributor

Re: Is there anyone besides me who won't be sporting a maxi skirt/dress this summer?

Why, faerie?

Just curious...

Honored Contributor

Re: Is there anyone besides me who won't be sporting a maxi skirt/dress this summer?

I got a tank style rayon one a few weeks ago to wear around the house like loungewear but no one sees it so I don't think that really counts. The hem ends a few inches above my ankles. It is nice & cool to wear.

I don't have anywhere to wear a maxi & won't be getting one unless that changes.

Honored Contributor

Probably because I'm not that tall (5' 2".) Also, in the summer, if I'm going to wear a skirt or dress I'd go for a short one.{#emotions_dlg.blush}

Super Contributor

I have a couple but I only wear them when it is sooooooooooooo hot and I am just running to the grocery store or on vacation hanging out in Orlando. But I don't need a ton of them and I don't spend a lot on them either.

Regular Contributor

i so agree, me neither. I don't really see many women wearing maxis around here in Central NJ even at bar-b-ques or summer parties/showers, weddings, etc. This, I feel is the sales pitch on QVC to make women think they 'need' them. Also, I just don't think many of the hosts wear these maxis IRL as much as they claim. I prefer capris, or a shorter summer dress. For the women who wear & enjoy them, I'm not criticizing or finding fault, but for me, I am not a fan.

Honored Contributor

i will be, but i have been wearing them for the past few years now and have a nice collection of maxis. love them, love the look.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

As I have said before no one looks good in a maxi. I know, I know you get lots of compliments when you wear one. They just don't look on any one.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Respected Contributor

I won't -- no particular reason, they just aren't my thing either.

Super Contributor

Well, dahling, they look fabulous on me!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}