Respected Contributor

Anyone looking for a Mother of the Bride Dress or Gown?

Two-Piece Embellished Sleeveless Gown$219 at Lord & Taylor and 25% off- J Kara- Thought that this was really pretty & very lady-like-Great price too!

New Contributor

Re: Anyone looking for a Mother of the Bride Dress or Gown?

I just wanted to say that I think that is a beautiful dress. You have excellent taste!

Respected Contributor

That is nice! I am on the lookout for one too for a 9/12/14 wedding!!

Respected Contributor

I ended up making my own when my baby girl got married in 2003. Just couldn't find one I liked, style and price.

Honored Contributor

Very lovely! My DIL2B chose something in her favorite color for me to wear. I'm definitely looking forward to the event!
Valued Contributor

That's a very pretty dress and I have purchased from this line before. I think for the price Jkara gowns are very well made. I think you have to be careful of dresses in this color though. You can look fairly "washed out" in pictures in colors similar to this. (I have highlighted hair so maybe if you have dark hair the color of the dress is not an issue)..

Also, if you are buying online and see a gown you like, you had better order it or find it in the store fast~especially now! The really stylish gowns go pretty fast. You can always return it if it doesn't work out.

Valued Contributor

That's a beautiful gown. I'm looking for a mother of the groom dress and bought one at Macys.com. I wouldn't wear that gown that you posted because it is sleeveless. I like to cover my arms.

Honored Contributor

On 4/10/2014 BLH said:

That's a beautiful gown. I'm looking for a mother of the groom dress and bought one at Macys.com. I wouldn't wear that gown that you posted because it is sleeveless. I like to cover my arms.

I HAVE to cover my arms, BLH! Mine came from Macys too!
Honored Contributor

On 4/10/2014 BLH said:

My dress was sleeveless too at my son's wedding and I solved that problem with a long scarf/shawl in a print pattern (a watercolor blended stripe).

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼