Super Contributor

New store in town - Nordstrom Rack

This afternoon accidently discovered that a Nordstrom Rack store just opened in Tulsa!! It's a very small store, the local TJ Maxx is probably bigger, but it's great because we don't have an outlet mall in the area, It was fun browsing and I found a really nice Sak leather bag I had been looking at on eBags for half the price.

A heads up for any of you in the Tulsa area.

Honored Contributor

Re: New store in town - Nordstrom Rack

This is one of those stores where you have to have an open mind when you shop ..... You might go in hoping to find a great swimsuit and walk out with a cute white blouse!

Esteemed Contributor

I love the Nordstrom Rack stores. Hopefully when Nordstrom opens in Vancouver, BC (probably won't be for at least another year or so) they will also consider bringing a Nordstrom Rack to the lower mainland area as the closest one in the U.S. is near Alderwood Mall north of Seattle. They should put one in the Seattle Premium Outlet mall in Marysville, WA too.

Trusted Contributor

One just opened in San Francisco too. It's very posh, 2 floors, but No bargains there. The prices are almost the same as the regular old Nordstrom right across the street. I will stick to Marshalls, Burlington, Maxx, TARGET. Oh well...
Super Contributor

On 4/10/2014 LuvMM1 said: One just opened in San Francisco too. It's very posh, 2 floors, but No bargains there. The prices are almost the same as the regular old Nordstrom right across the street. I will stick to Marshalls, Burlington, Maxx, TARGET. Oh well...

With NR, you have to look for things that have been marked down more than once. I don't care for the NR near me because it's always hot and stuffy -- but it's great for shoes! I think 1/3 of the store is racks and racks of shoes.

I once loved TJMaxx, but I've been disappointed the last few times I was there.

Trusted Contributor

I haven't been to NR in a while because their prices are getting too high for my budget. I used to love buying shoes there, got some fantastic deals. A few years ago I purchased slides by Born. The retail was $99, I paid $15. I got every color I could find in my size. I'm still wearing them.

Trusted Contributor

I used to go to one in Dallas. It was hit or miss. They had some good shoe bargains but a lot of things were really picked over and not good quality.

Trusted Contributor

I shopped there a couple weeks ago when I was in Az...I got a pair of Keen sandals ..in purple for 59.00..that was a pretty good deal..DW

Honored Contributor

No Nordstrom or Nordstrom Rack stores around here. Would be nice to have them.

Trusted Contributor

On 4/9/2014 TY said:

I love the Nordstrom Rack stores. Hopefully when Nordstrom opens in Vancouver, BC (probably won't be for at least another year or so) they will also consider bringing a Nordstrom Rack to the lower mainland area as the closest one in the U.S. is near Alderwood Mall north of Seattle. They should put one in the Seattle Premium Outlet mall in Marysville, WA too.

I haven't been there in decades, but the Nordstrom Rack near Sea-Tac is the biggest one I have ever been in--tons of great stuff!

I used to shop at the one in downtown Portland, OR all the time; like any outlet store, it can be hit or miss. There are a couple of Racks in the metro area where I now live, but both are about 30 minutes away so I don't go often.