Esteemed Contributor

O/T DO YOU HAVE A SIGNATURE SCENT?

Yep. It's official. Jo Malone and I are divorcing. I put her on lovingly, but she refuses to last. Half an hour later, I don't even know she exists.

So, I'm in the process of seeking a new perfume. Do you have any recommendations?

Honored Contributor

Re: O/T DO YOU HAVE A SIGNATURE SCENT?

Hi Magic. I really don't have a signature scent, but I've been wearing Flowerbomb a great deal lately. I love that scent. The one I just purchased from Sephora over the weekend was Tom Ford Black Orchid. My sister in New Orleans wears it, and I loved it on her. I hope I like it as much, LOL.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I am currently using Prada Iris. Get a lot of compliments on it and it lasts all day. I love Tova Signature, but the scent doesn't last very long....at least not on me.

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/9/2014 winamac1 said:

Hi Magic. I really don't have a signature scent, but I've been wearing Flowerbomb a great deal lately. I love that scent. The one I just purchased from Sephora over the weekend was Tom Ford Black Orchid. My sister in New Orleans wears it, and I loved it on her. I hope I like it as much, LOL.

Hi win! I am curious about Tom Ford Black Orchid. I hope it works for you and that it has lasting power. Come back and do a review, please. Meanwhile I will look it up to get a description. Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/9/2014 loveschocolate said:

I am currently using Prada Iris. Get a lot of compliments on it and it lasts all day. I love Tova Signature, but the scent doesn't last very long....at least not on me.

loves, I'm going to read about Prada Iris. Thank you!

Super Contributor

Oh dear, magic!

I love/own/wear many Jo Malone scents. I'd have to say my signature scent is JM's Orange Blossom. I reach for it more than any other. I don't have any problem with the scent fading, though I wear the cologne on its own.

Have you tried layering JM? First the body cream, then the cologne?

I have heard that many women actually use JM's bath oil as their "perfume" because it is longer lasting.

Here are a couple of others I like that are not Jo Malone:

Houbigant - Quelque Fleurs

Annick Goutal - Petite Cherie

If you like gardenias, I'd recommend Fracas.

Good luck in your search and let us know what you sample!

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/9/2014 maddiecat said:

Oh dear, magic!

I love/own/wear many Jo Malone scents. I'd have to say my signature scent is JM's Orange Blossom. I reach for it more than any other. I don't have any problem with the scent fading, though I wear the cologne on its own.

Have you tried layering JM? First the body cream, then the cologne?

I have heard that many women actually use JM's bath oil as their "perfume" because it is longer lasting.

Here are a couple of others I like that are not Jo Malone:

Houbigant - Quelque Fleurs

Annick Goutal - Petite Cherie

If you like gardenias, I'd recommend Fracas.

Good luck in your search and let us know what you sample!

Hi maddie!

Orange Blossom is my favorite, too. Although I love many others, Nectarine Blossom and Honey, Lime Basil and Mandarin, White Jasmine and Mint, just to name a few.

Maybe I need to take a break. Then, hopefully, when I revisit some of my favorite scents, they will be more lasting? I know, wishful thinking!

Thank you for the recommendations. I am going to read up on them.

Trusted Contributor

Prada Iris is my current favorite, too!
Honored Contributor

My B.O.

Honored Contributor

On 4/9/2014 magicmoodz said:
On 4/9/2014 winamac1 said:

Hi win! I am curious about Tom Ford Black Orchid. I hope it works for you and that it has lasting power. Come back and do a review, please. Meanwhile I will look it up to get a description. Thanks!

I'll give you my review ! So far it appears to have really good staying power. I could smell it on my jacket the next day and I only put one spritz on!!! So far…so good.Smile

http://www.sephora.com/black-orchid-P183301

I'll let you know when I wear it more.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"