Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics One Day At A Time - Tuesday

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Well today is a cold and sort of rainy day, this is getting so depressing, I want spring weather so bad. We had high winds last night, so of course, a lot of the tree buds got knocked off. Oh well guess I shouldn't complain, mother nature will do what she wants to.

Sonya - We went on our Alaskan Cruise in August and loved it. I know you will love yours. If you want to know what to wear just Google - What to wear on an Alaskan Cruise in May, you will be surprised to what comes up. Just be sure to dress in layers, take a hat, gloves and boots. We took hiking boots, they came in handy when took a helicopter ride and got out on a glacier. Also, try to plan and pay for your excursions in advance, if you don't you will spend all your time on the boat in line trying to sign up for the land excursions. I know you will love it.

Kathleen - Glad to hear about DH's job. I don't know how far it is from where you live now, but I wish you all the best of luck.

Well got to cut this short and make lunch, have a good day everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day At A Time - Tuesday

Thanks for getting us started Susan. Sorry about your weather. It should be sunny and very warm here today (upper 80's or low 90's). Glad I like the warm/hot weather. We could certainly use some rain, but as you say mother nature doesn't take votes on our weather.

I have my volunteer job today, and I also hope to go to the gym. Nothing else of note.

As I think I mentioned yesterday evening, my visit to Trader Joe's, Sprouts, and COSTCO went well, and DH will be having his procedure (colonoscopy) on Friday.

Waves to Jean (hope work goes well and your tests/medical issues aren't too difficult), Kathleen (let us know what is happened now that you have had a moment to absorb the news about your DH's new job), Arlene, twinny, Marijane, LindaR, Sonya, Rosa, Karen, Gayle, Nancy, Val, Kathy, and all of our posters and readers.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good morning ladies! We will be moving about 230 miles north to the city that has the Texas Rangers and Six Flags over Texas and the Dallas Cowboys Stadium. Thank you for all the good wishes.

Last night I took my new chicken coop back to Sam's. It was still in the box, and there was no sense in keeping it. So we took it back, went and looked at the truck I saw at lunch (made an offer, they probably won't sell it so low but it was worth trying) and then ate at the Outback. I ate half my supper put half aside for lunch today and had dessert. Mmm!

Gotta run. Just have to post in spurts for a while.

Trusted Contributor

LindaL - What is Sprouts?? Hope DH's colonoscopy goes okay, I have to admit that is one test I really had to have done. Hope he does well. Oh, and send the 80 degree weather this way, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

I'm thinking Sprouts is a produce store - we have one in Austin and I didn't know it was a chain. I've never went in there, still haven't made it to Trader Joes.

Very windy here but it's starting to warm up now.

Esteemed Contributor

We will be looking forward to more updates from you Kathleen -- keep smiling. You have the most important things in life to be sure. Sorry about the chicken coop. I know you were looking forward to raising some more chickens.

We spent the night in Arlington on one of our trips from Maryland. I found a wonderful Coldwater Creek store ina nice shopping center near the motel, which pleased me. But, I have to admit that the Dallas Cowboys studium is a real turnoff for me since I favor their long-time rivals from Washington, DC.

I'd love to send some of our warm temperatures there Susan.

Sprouts is sort of a cross betweeen Trader Joe's and Whole Foods. They have excellent buys on produce and lots of bulk choices in things like nuts and grains. I find their prices on other things like cereal, tea and coffee, and dairy products are usually a bit high. They also have a pretty nice selection of organic produce. I don't usually buy organic, but if the price difference isn't too large, I will do so.

Thanks for your wishes for DH. He is uneasy about the test, but I'm trying to help him "deal with it" without being too upset.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls! Thankfully the sun is back out - I was feeling really down with the overcast, chilly weather yesterday and didn't get anything done apart from making some chocolate orange cupcakes - I did nap a lot. Today I'm taking a carload of stuff to church and have to pick up my new contacts; maybe I'll stop by Walmart, as I'm running low on both dog and cat kibble.

I'm hearing so much about Trader Joe's that I can't wait to check them out. We got a Whole Foods a year or so ago when they took over an independent natural foods store, but I only went in there once and found their prices are ridiculous - never again! I'm trying to buy organic more and more, as well as meat that's grass fed and antibiotic free.

Hope your husband does OK with the tests, Linda. The anticipation is probably the worst part of it.

Oh, I'd love to go on an Alaskan cruise! I know Charles Stanley has one each year, and that's the one I would choose if I could afford to go - it would combine the beauty of the scenery with some good Bible teaching. Australia is the other place I'd most love to visit.

Nothing else special in the works for today - I have BOGO coupons for Krystal, so maybe I'll get the girls a treat. Honeybun is a very sweet dog, and very loving and affectionate...but that doesn't help with my missing my Angel; I cry over him every day. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Guess I'd better get my cupcakes frosted and be on my way. Have a blessed day, everyone!

Frequent Contributor

Thanks, Susan. We skyped last night with our friends and nailed down what we want to do on our trip. We're only doing one paid excursion through the cruise (already reserved), a zipline, ropes course thing. We're all big hikers, so we'll be doing lots of that, and have already picked out most of the trails. We'll be bringing hiking boots and backpacks. It's going to be hard to pack everything, so we're going to try to save some room by renting DH a tuxedo instead of taking a suit. We actually have two formal nights, but we'll probably only go to one. Even so, the dining room is pretty dressy every night. Lots of different clothes to brings, and yes, everything I've read has said to bring layers=) In addition to the cruise, we'll have a couple days in Vancouver and a couple days in Denali. I think we'll definitely be ready to come home when it's time!

Today is beautiful and sunny, in the 50s now, and the next couple days are supposed to be even warmer. If DH is here, we're going down the hill to practice with the drummer from our favorite band on Thursday. He lets us play with him some when they perform up here, but this will be the first time we've practiced together. Really looking forward to that. Afterward, we'll probably play disc golf for the first time this year, since it's supposed to be 70 or so down there. If it's windy, we may go to the climbing gym instead. It's super calm today though. Love it!

Linda, I've heard so many people say that the test itself is absolutely no big deal. It's just the prep that stinks. I know it will be good for your DH to get it done and over with. I've never been in the Sprouts down in Colorado Springs, but I've been curious.

Kathleen, just think of all the new things you'll be able to explore. I'm sure it won't be fun for you to look for a new job and leave your friends though. Peace to both of you!

Arlene, I haven't been too impressed with Whole Foods either. So much of their stuff isn't even that healthy either. Their salad bar looks yummy though.

Well, I hope everyone has a great day. I woke up too early this morning and then worked really hard at the gym, so I may have to take a little nap before too long.

Esteemed Contributor

Susan--Thank you for starting the thread. We are not that far apart geographically--about 3 hours, so we are experiencing much of the same weather. One of the individuals here didn't get the patio cushions inside in time before the winds arrived, so they went chasing the cushions down the street.

Sonya--I'm sure that you will enjoy the Alaskan cruise and will have a great wardrobe for any event and weather challenge. Speaking of challenges, I loved the Facenbook picture of the reason you won't be going barefooted in the yard.

Linda--The preparation for DH's test is the challenging part. I do hope it goes well for him. We don't have a Trader's Joe, Whole Foods or a Sprouts. I was in a Whole Foods once and was not impressed. Even the selection at the deli/salad area was not enticing.

Kathleen--Moving is a challenge but I know you will adjust to life in the big city and its suburbs. I do hope the offer on the truck is accepted, and it is good that Sams took back the coop.

Arlene--Dismal days can be difficult. Often they are days that are good for comfort food and being lazy. There is nothing like sunshine to energize us. Enjoy the cupcakes!

I worked today and was able to come home early since the teacher had a planning period the last period of the day. I also work tomorrow. I guess the highlight this evening will be "The Voice," as I live such an exciting life. I did look at the crops at Walmart yesterday and came home with a pair of denim ones with cuffs. If they just last one season, there isn't much money involved. They looked good and I didn't have any that remotely looked like them

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Frequent Contributor

Jean, it's just gross, but definitely funny.