Respected Contributor

So I took the day off and went to Nordstrom's Rack and Sax's Fifth Ave outlet.

I'm in the dressing room at Nordstrom's and here's this woman in her late 50's quite loud stating wow, I'm glad I found my golf club covers and I'm sure she was talking to her friends in other stalls...BUT here's the woman coming out of the stall asking the employee who is giving out numbers, "I need this dress from ......" , "I also need these pants from ...." and the list continued, and at the end ...."you don't mind getting those for me, do you?"

Just on the tip of my tongue, lady, get your clothes on and get your tail out there on the floor and go get them yourself. Since when do these people feel "entitled" that others need to actually wait on them?

Respected Contributor

No, I am not "her" because I never try on clothes at any store. I am always amazed at the things "we people" do on a daily basis. Did the lady help her?

Super Contributor

In nice stores, that's what the attendants do. It all starts with "Can I help you?"

Super Contributor

I am always amazed at what lazy slobs people are in dressing rooms, leaving piles of clothes all over the place, expecting someone else to clean up after them, they can't even hang them up and put them on the rack outside the dressing room.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm really low maintenance when I shop. I've seen lots of ""those"" ladies in the past. I don't think I'd enjoy retail if that's the kind of customer I experienced most of the time. I hope that those ladies are a minority.

Respected Contributor
On 4/7/2014 BonnieBelle said:

I am always amazed at what lazy slobs people are in dressing rooms, leaving piles of clothes all over the place, expecting someone else to clean up after them, they can't even hang them up and put them on the rack outside the dressing room.

A few years ago, I was working retail in a large dept. store. There was an incident in the juniors' dept dressing room. Some people had wadded up some new clothes, and then went to the bathroom all over them. Unbelievable, but true.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

Of course, you are at Nordstom's, the clerks/fitting room attendants are "front and center" towards the customer. Yes, she went to get them.

Super Contributor
On 4/7/2014 Peaches McPhee said:
On 4/7/2014 BonnieBelle said:

A few years ago, I was working retail in a large dept. store. There was an incident in the juniors' dept dressing room. Some people had wadded up some new clothes, and then went to the bathroom all over them. Unbelievable, but true.

EWWWWW!

Super Contributor

Well, I work at Chico's part time and our job as associates is to "wait on people." It's called customer service. So, I don't really understand the problem. If you want to sell your product, customer service should be the number one priority in any retail setting.

Esteemed Contributor

Nordstrom's is one store where the salesperson will start a dressing room for you, take your items into the dressing and come back and ask how you're doing and if you'd like to see something else. Nordies has great customer service. At Old Navy, a young saleperson offered to pull a different size pant for me.