Respected Contributor

What are your favorite sneakers?

I'm walking in the Relay for Life in a couple of weeks and I need walking shoes...supportive and stylish.. The last pair of sneakers I purchased were Rykas and that was almost 10 years ago. I mostly wear my Go Wallks but probably need more support for a 5+ mile walk. What brand/style do you like? BTW...I really like the bright neon colors, especially lime. Thanks for any suggestions.
Honored Contributor

Re: What are your favorite sneakers?

For walking, I like these from Ryka. A219803

Lots of colors are available.

Ryka Leather & Mesh Lace-up Fitness Walking Shoes

Respected Contributor

I just bought Asics Gel Numbus and they're the best I've ever had. Good support, but not too much for my flattened arches. I've had lots of problems with PF in the last few years, but these shoes really help.

Super Contributor

Converse Chuck Taylors.

Super Contributor

I've bought New Balance walking shoes for years. They fit my foot great and have plenty of cushioning, support and stability. NB offers different lasts to fit all foot types (ex. narrow heel, high instep, wider toe box). So it's best to determine the last you need and from there get shoe styles.

Honored Contributor

Easy Spirit.

Esteemed Contributor

When I came out of my cast from a shattered ankle after 4 months my Ortho recommended Avia & that's what I've stuck with.

Valued Contributor

I like New Balance or Saucony. I do not like Adidas or Nike but only because they seem to run smaller and don't fit that well.

Super Contributor

New Balance "fitness walking" and "health walking" shoes (sneakers). Great comfort and support.

I've only bought NB for many years now; they're recommended by orthopedists, too.

Regular Contributor

Nike Free.......just like air...very light