Occasional Contributor

Hi everyone, I am dying to wear my new Isaac Mizrahi jacket! I was wondering if it's ok to wear a white jacket before Memorial Day? Thanks in advance for your opinions!! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: White before Memorial Day

I'm ok with white anything on top, but not pants or shoes. Those will wait til after Easter.Smile

Super Contributor

I'm pretty strict (stuffy?) about this (raised in the North) but I think a jacket would be OK - wouldn't wear white pants or shoes, but a jacket is different. If you are in the South, all bets are off.

Contributor

I am wearing white pants today. See no problem in wearing white jacket now, I am in SC and it is 81 degrees. Enjoy your clothes, wear what you like, don't waste a second worrying about what someone else thinks!

Honored Contributor

This morning on GMA, Ginger Zee was wearing a white 2-piece sleeveless dress. She was dressed as though it was August.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Are those old rules still around? Sheesh. Wear it whenever you want to.

Super Contributor

I only wear white in the summertime because I only wear white t-shirts and it's not warm enough to wear them before Memorial Day. I only own two white t-shirts, not a big fan of white, and would never wear white pants or crops.

Contributor

White on the top - of course! If it gets warmer maybe bottoms too.

Regular Contributor

I've always waited until after Easter to wear white but this year I have seen alot of white jeans and when I think about it, why not. It's really very silly. Who and why was that started anyhow.

Honored Contributor

White on top now - bottoms end of April