Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY)

Good morning, shopping friends. I'll be going to work at Noon but that will give me time to check out the Denim & Co. show. The day started with showers but those hopefully have ended.

I also have a doctor's appointment after work. This is just one of those routine check ups with my primary care physician. He was in India because of a family illness when I developed the atrial fibrillation, so this will be the first time I've seen him since then. I did have another appointment but it got snowed out and had to wait a month as he was booked up.

I noticed the gardening show this morning. This is a year that I am avoiding that type of stuff. The exception might be the purchase of new mulch to go around the house. I'm just not in the mood to deal with plants. I've often wondered if those beautiful plants shown on gardening shows were, in reality, silk plants.

I didn't purchase the IM crop pants as I preferred to wait and read the reviews as I've never purchased clothing from that line. I confess to being a Denim & Co. line wearer. Right now, I have the original waist jeans on in black denim...not the twill version. I wish they offered that pant in the black denim. The black twill is a lint collector. I have a black Denim & Co. top with accents on, topped with a red Denim & Co. jacket.

I know this is April Fool's Day; I was tempted to do one of those appropriate posts but resisted the temptation. I read a post on FB that this is a day not to trust anyone. I consider that a little negative as the post when on to say that neither are any of the other days worthy of trust.

We all have our sunny days as well as darker days. We can immerse ourselves in the dismal, negative aspects of the day or look for the positive. A psychologist, in a meeting, once said that it takes ten positive comments to offset the impact of one negative comment. For this reason, it behooves us to focus upon the positives in our day.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY)

Well, it is off to work time; the little angels await!

Four men are outside working on the installation of the HVAC so that should be done by the time I get home around 5:30. In the meantime, Midnight is in hiding.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning! Thanks for getting us started Jean. Glad you are working today, and hope your doctor's visit goes well. Great news about the HVAC installation. DH and I are having our annual physicals tomorrow. I'm not expecting any big surprises, but it is good to have this annual visit not involving any sickness.

I am with you regarding D&Co. -- almost all of my capris and pedal pushers are from D&Co., and they work well for me. I also have the famous two pocket pants, and wear them a lot for casual wear. Those pockets are great, and the pants fit fine. I don't tuck in my shirt, so the elastic waist isn't a problem.

Like you, I won't be purchasing any plants, etc. from the Q. Our climate is very different than many, and I find it better to shop for plants in the local area where the sellers know which plants will be suitable for us. I also like purchasing plants that do well without a lot of watering, etc. However, I know some people don't seem to have that problem (water concern). Fruit tress take lots of water, and there are many citrus trees in our neighborhood. Also roses -- I adore roses, but they do require quite a lot of upkeep. I can appreciate neighbor's roses and citrus.

I never got into April Fool's Day, but I know some people love the jokes/games associated with the day. Definitely prefer to think positive as much as possible.

Today I have my volunteer job and hope to go to the gym this afternoon. Nothing else planned, but that will be plenty I am sure.

Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, Susan, twinny, Marijane, LindaR, Rosa, Sonya, Gayle, Nancy, Karen, Val, Kathy, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a nice day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Valued Contributor

Hello All,

I remember getting our HVAC done in summer....what a memory.

I forgot it was April Fool's day.

Not much here, watching a little Denim and co. right now. Haven't watched that show in awhile but Carolyn really looks great, cute outfit.

Well, off to make lunch.

Respected Contributor

Good morning friends!! I don't feel so hot this morning. I have been sitting here trying to figure out why I feel so run down and noticed that it is the week that my hormones generally attack. So, feeling better just knowing what is going on! I am going to eat a powerbar and try to get some work done. Hugs to all!

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon everyone, hope all is well.

Jean - Thank you for starting us today, have a good day at work. Glad to hear the HVAC work is getting done, sorry you had to endure the cold weather for so long without it. Hope the doctor appointment goes well. I have a couple things on advanced order from the Q for my yard. I hope it warms up so when I get the plants I can put them in the ground. I am hoping my rose bushes made it thru this winter. I don't think my day lilies made it, there is no sign of them come up.

Kathleen - Hope you feel better soon.

LindaL - Have a good day at your job. I envy your area during our winters, but I do like to plant things in the spring here. I say that until I have to water them in the summer.

EGW (Gayle - correct?) One year our AC had to be replace in July, of course it was the hottest days of the year, it was no fun. I own one fan and had to borrow on so we could keep the dog cool while we waited on the new AC unit. That was not fun.

Well nothing new or exciting here, I do have some cleaning to do, I guess I have ignored it long enough, so off I go. Hope everyone has a great afternoon.

Contributor

Hello all! I'm waiting on DH to come take me to my Dr appointment. They will check my arm's progress. May have another X-ray. I'll need a refill of pain meds, too. I delayed taking one last night and found out I'm just not ready yet. Has anyone noticed that S&H charges are missing from the product description pages? Or is my iPad going wacky? Kathleen, hope you feel better and get some energy back. Susan, when we need HVAC repair, it's always in July or January! Jean, I hope your sub day goes well. Linda, I hope your volunteer work goes productively. Gayle, did you see any D&co that you really liked?
Respected Contributor

Hi girls! It's an absolutely beautiful day out there - 85° the last time I checked! {#emotions_dlg.scared} Last night I put away the really wintery sweaters and got another two bags together for the missionary closet, but it looks like I'm going to have to get out some T-shirt sooner than I had expected to. I have no need of new clothing, but I DO need to get 10 pounds off so I can wear everything I've got.

The two baking pans I had ordered from Amazon (a square donut pan and a Twinkies shaped pan) finally arrived, so I'll be playing tonight. This afternoon I have to take my car in for an "inspection," which is a joke - all they do is check my mileage; it's really just a wheel tax under another name. {#emotions_dlg.mad} My registration was supposed to be renewed last month but I forgot all about it because I didn't get the notice; last year it was sent to my trashy neighbor, and rather than her have one of her kids put it in my mailbox she kept sending it back, so I ended up having to go to the office in person. Poor, pitiful creature....how unhappy she must be! My "real" mail goes to my PO box, but since it's in the City and not my little town (which has a lousy PO), I'd have to pay more for the registration even though the car isn't kept in the City. Publix has a good deal on 9-Lives cat food (4 cans for $1.50) so I'm going to stock up on that, and since it's right across the street from the walking trail I'll take the dogs out.

Glad to hear you're finally getting your HVAC installed, Jean - it sure took long enough!

I have a black thumb so I don't bother with plants or flowers, (I feel awful when I inadvertently kill them) although I do have some daffodils that pop up every year in a neat row, and there are several rose bushes in front of my fence along the street. I don't do anything to care for them, but do get lovely flowers from them - go figure. When I lived in Hawaii I was looking to buy a house, and at one the realtor took me to there was the most beautiful garden with flowers of every kind in every color you could imagine. I asked the owner if they required a lot of upkeep (this was HAWAII, remember - land of flowers) and she laughed and said, "No, none at all - they're all plastic!" {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Hope you're feeling better soon Val; I need to get up your way one of these days - I still want to try that pizza place and also check out Trader Joe's.

Guess I should be on my way; have a blessed day, everyone!

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon.

April l, was my parents anniversary. They were married on Easter Sunday. I only recently learned that the tradition was not to marry during Lent. I know that custom is no longer "iron clad". At Bible study last week we were discussing that and one of the ladies pointed out my parents were married on Easter. I was a bit surprised that she remembered that fact---as my parents have both been gone for quite a while.

Val: Do take care of yourself---take those meds---they give them for a reason.

I need to pick up a few grocery items---it seems I am always needing items at the grocery! I don't have any clothing needs---but I must admit I was watching Bob Mackie last night and thought one piece was lovely---didn't buy---but I need to not be watching!!

I haven't been sleeping well at night---not sure why---although one night I woke up with a terrible leg cramp. I need to do a better job of hydrating.