Super Contributor

Is anyone into the ankle pants out ?

I wasn't into the capris length and mocked them. Now, I wear them all summer. But, I not going ankle length, to me they are "floods" in the 70's. I am tall and always stayed way far away from "floods". No matter what I make sure the length is long on me.

Honored Contributor

Re: Is anyone into the ankle pants out ?

bigbro i am kind of the same way......i have no problems with leggings, capris, crops, pedal pushers, but the ankle length i cannot get used to. i prefer my pants to be a bit on the longer side. when they are at ankle length i feel like i have on "floods" or "highwaters" also.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

When they are very tapered at the ankle, they look far from floods, especially if you wear with a good looking espadrille or wedge.

Give it another couple years--you will come around. Smile

Trusted Contributor

I don't do crops because they hit me at a weird spot. However,if ankle pants correctly,they are slim and tapered. A great show-off for summer shoes
Honored Contributor

I LOVE a great ankle pant - some designers do them right, others not. I'm picky about how mine look but I love them.

Respected Contributor

The narrow ones are okay in my opinion, but I do not like the looks of the wider ones or the ones that flare because they do look like your pants are just the wrong size. This look will never grow on me:

2012-05-18-NOnocroppedpantsfromlandsend.jpg

Respected Contributor

I like the tapered ankle pants, worn with flats or sandals. The image I'm thinking is Mary Tyler Moore as Laura Petrie in the D Van Dyke show. I don't care for crops or capris & not bashing; just don't like them on my body.

Honored Contributor

I'm sticking with Lisa's boot cuts or straight legs. But now I see she's wearing ankle pants, sorry girl, I can't follow you on this one.

Honored Contributor

I don't do crops, capris, or ankle pants. I decided several years ago that I didn't like crops and capris because of the way they "cut off" my legs. I really wanted to love ankle pants, but after trying on several pairs in the last year or so I just can't get used to the look - they just look too short on me. I think they look really cute on others, but for me I will stick to full length pants. When it is warm I wear walk shorts or a knee length skirt or dress.

Honored Contributor

I don't care for ankle pants because they feel like high waters. In shorter pants, I prefer crop pants.