Respected Contributor

Don't want a bulky wool sweater,,,,,ever! Not a good look on Jane along with her baggy pants.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm sure these are very luxurious and warm but I am short and busty, so I just would never want such a bulky sweater for myself. I know it wouldn't be right on my body type, but it is pretty.

Regular Contributor
If you don't want it, please do so quietly and privately!
Respected Contributor

Oh, but isn't it pretty!

Valued Contributor
On 3/16/2014 insomniac said:

Oh, but isn't it pretty!

It sure is. I'm sitting looking at it, trying to deconstruct the stitches as I watch the presentations. I've been eyeing both pink and grey. Greg's gone, so if it isn't on waitlist, I may go for the pink, or, I'll develop a similar pattern to knit myself.
Contributor
I think it's lovely but not only is it too thick but I bet it's itchy too.
Valued Contributor
Merino wool is less itchy than pure new wool. The merino sheep has a softer fleece. Initial itchiness can also depend upon the chemical residues left from the manufacturing process. My handmade & store-bought sweaters are more comfortable and soften with repeated, proper fiber care.
Esteemed Contributor
On 3/16/2014 mandymom said: If you don't want it, please do so quietly and privately!
I agree. I know when I don't want something I don't start a thread about it. I just don't purchase it. We had to throw in a negative comment about Jane? This is why the fashion board stinks. it's threads like this. This is a good example.
Honored Contributor
Every year after year, the same tired Merino wool sweater presented by Jane who assures us she's an expert because she knits. I'd rather watch mattresses or Vitamixes than this tired Irish junk. Why can't we have French day or Austrian Day or Australian Day? Are we too prejudiced to include other nationalities? This Irish business is overdone and very tired.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

A pretty sweater, but the first color to sell out is grey! {#emotions_dlg.scared} After a long drab Winter, you would think Spring colors would be popular.