Respected Contributor

Muppets Day...Will Be So Glad When This Day is Over

Watching Pat and Jayne on Fashionable Early. Would you really want to wear a Miss Piggy watch. This whole idea is crazy just to promote a movie. Tired of all the commercials also. Not sure who came up with this idea, but I predict it to be a flop.

Honored Contributor

Re: Muppets Day...Will Be So Glad When This Day is Over

It's beyond ridiculous.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think it will be a flop, because QVC must be getting paid big bucks to promote a child's movie on a fashion show. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Super Contributor

Oh lighten up. They've got about a half dozen products to promote the movie. It's not worth getting all upset about. Let the hosts stretch their personalities every once in awhile.

Honored Contributor

Well, I know I wouldn't miss it. I'm on my way...........Miss Piggy

Honored Contributor

I get the idea of a movie tie-in but why not a more adult type movie. I realize that everyone loves them. Something different

I think the Q is doing this because HSN has done this idea in the past. Their msdse was more exciting though.

Oh well

Esteemed Contributor

It seems like an odd calculation as the age of the QVC audience from their own reports appears to be way outside the typical Muppet's fan.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Frequent Contributor

I agree, enough already. I love the Muppets, but this is so childish.

Contributor

I got two pairs of the capri p.j.'s, one in hot pink and one in leopard.

Also the Philosophy Miss Piggy set, and the Miss Piggy tote bag.

I'm over 50 and will love them !! I've always been a Miss Piggy fan !!!

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Occasional Contributor

To start off, as you can tell from my sig, I am a Disney fan and yes, Disney now owns The Muppet empire, LOL. That said, many us grew up with The Muppets from way back, when Kermit the Frog (and other Muppet creatures) first appeared on Sesame Street in the late 60s.

I for one will be watching QVC on Sunday. I will also be seeing The Muppet movie in the theaters as will my husband (age 47) and our 14 year old son. In fact, my husband jokes that Kermit the Frog has always been his favorite actor. The Muppets have appeal to kids and adults and there are many fans out there. I attended the D23 (Disney fan club) Expo this past August and when The Muppets appeared they were treated like rock stars by a mostly adult audience. Yes, this was a Disney fan Expo, so they were "preaching to the choir" so to speak.

I would most definitely wear a Muppet watch, just not Miss Piggy, not a fan of hers. I tend to wear something Disney each day, maybe earrings, or a watch, or a Disney shirt, I even have Mickey Mouse shoes and a few Mickey hand bags. I have a beautiful cashmere sweater that has the Dalmatians from 101 Dalmatians on it and that sweater gets a work out when it is cold here is S Florida.

Does this type of stuff appeal to everyone? Clearly not and that is fine because we all have different tastes, perspectives, points of view, and attitudes. Just beware, there a many of us aging Mouseketeers and Muppet fans out there, LOL!!!!