Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ODAT -- Wednesday!

Good Morning/Afternoon Ladies!

It is a beautiful sunny day here in southern Arizona. Sorry to see that some of you are expecting more cold and snowy weather. But, you will probably be happy not to be here in the very hot summers.

Today is DD's birthday, and I think she is in a good place which makes her Mom very happy. She, DGD, and at least some of my DGSs are going to the gym almost every day and loving it. Maybe I'll have a Sonya on my hands -- doubt it, however. It is good that their workouts seem to help their moods as well as their fitness.

No big plans for me today. DH needs a passport photo (he needs a new passport to go to Mexico) so we will take care of that today. I may also stop by the grocery store for a few needs. Not desperate needs, but.....

Can't talk myself into the TSV, but it certainly looks nice. And, I didn't crumble yesterday and buy new clothing, which is good.

Waves to Jean (working today!), Kathleen and LindaR (happy you ladies got together today), Susan, Marijane, Arlene, twinny, Rosa, Nancy, Karen, Gayle, Sonya, Kathy, Val and all of our posters and readers.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Regular Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ODAT -- Wednesday!

Linda, glad that your daughter is doing well. Nothing like a happy child to make a happy Mother!

Warm here today, the rest of the week is to be rainy and cold. So many people around here are battling respitory illness, I really think all this crazy weather ups and downs does not help.

School is out for spring break so our college town is fairly quiet.

No shopping for me today. I have had a Keurig for several years and love it.

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

LindaL - Thank you for starting us today. Enjoy your weather, we are going from a spring type day yesterday to snow this evening. I don't think the weather man knows what we are getting yet.

About the passort, check with your postoffice, but, there is a card (like a drivers license, I think) you can use in place of a passport. You and your DH could have a passport and maybe this card also. You can us this to go to Canada and Mexico (I am very sure) as long as you are driving. It may be a little safer and easier than carrying a passport.

Tell DD, Happy Birthday, and I am glad to hear they are all doing well.

Rosa - Enjoy the quietness of town for awhile, does it get busy in the summer for summer classes? Yes, the weather has been crazy, have I said this before, I can't wait for spring.

Well not much going on here today, just came back from lunch at Olive Garden, so I am full until supper. I think we are having salmon tonight. Have a good afternoon everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

LL, I am envious of your warm weather now. I hate hot weather, so I will be glad to be in Midwest then. I missed you gals yesterday. It was a busy day for DH & I. I needed a wedding shower gift for the end of this month, so DH & I went to a town 1/2 hour away to get it. We then went to a hunting lodge for lunch. Tuesday is their senior citizen special. It was a large bowl if chili with all of the fixings & a grilled hot ham & cheese sandwich all for only a buck. We met friends then went back to their place until until it was time for dinner. Then we all went to a nice burger joint. Got home just before bedtime last & I was exhausted. DH & I love to fly to Mexico in March. We went last year & hope to go again next March . Happy B'day to your DD.

Susan, Our weather has been crazy this winter. Monday was 50's & sunny. Yesterday was 40's with a little rain. Today we woke up to snow. We got about 2" in less than three hours. that made our 39th snowfall for the season so far. Tomorrow they say 30's with sunshine & Friday mid 40's with sunshine. I am so ready for a nice spring. Hope it doesn't go from winter to summer with no spring in between.

This morning I had to go to the post office to mail our DGD's birthday present. Then took my mom to the bank & then did a little grocery shopping with her. It seems like every time we have to take her some place it is snowing. She is 93, so I do worry about her falling & breaking something. Nothing exciting going on here. They say sunshine this afternoon. As soon as I see the sun peek out, we will be heading for the hot tub.

Hugs to all of you.

Regular Contributor

PAlady, the fall is the bussiest. Lots of professors moving in and out so lots of activity with Homeowners. Students need renters policies. Summer is pretty quiet till about August. Love Olive Garden!

Frequent Contributor

Hi, ladies. Linda, you made me laugh with your comment, but your DD has been doing so well. I'm very happy that she loves going to the gym and that she's not one of those people who loses some weight and then returns to the old lifestyle. I see way too many people do that, and it makes me sad. It's very cool that some of her children are also learning healthy habits at a young age! Of course, they all have you to look up to as well{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

We just finished lunch, soup (made from lots of leftovers) and sweet potato oat bread. Tonight we have open mic night, so I'll be hitting the shower in a couple hours and then practicing with DH. We're actually going to play a couple songs with the drummer from our favorite band this Friday, so we've been working on memorization as well as playing with instruments that are more like theirs. It's very confusing for me to play the 4 string bass without practicing because I use a 5 string. DH is practicing with his guitar strap really short because the lead guitarist/singer for their band has hers really short. lol

We've had some nice days with temps up into the 40s and 50s up here and the 60s down the hill, but we've also had a few days of snow thrown in. We got about 4 inches yesterday, but the sun's out today and the snow is melting fast. We skied in Winter Park on Monday, and we got really sweaty from the very warm day that was sandwiched in between a couple snowstorms. Perfect!

Rosa, do you work every day when things are slow?

Susan, salmon sounds really good! How are you making it?

Twinny, that's an amazing deal on your lunch! My MIL fell once when they were visiting us here in Colorado. Thankfully she didn't hurt herself.

Hope all of you have a wonderful rest of the day!

Regular Contributor

livehealthy, well calling it work may be a stretch! I will run errands, cleaners, grocery store, hair appontments, etc, so that is done and I do not have to do that after work or on the weekends. That does enable me to keep up with my volunteer job. It pays to know the boss{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Frequent Contributor

Sounds like my kind of work!

Respected Contributor

Hi girls,

I'm still sick - I felt a little bit better last night, and overdid it with 8 loads of laundry (Where did it all come from???) and changing the bed, then couldn't get out of bed today - I slept until almost 4 p.m. - the coughing had me up for most of the night. I still have laundry in the washer that needs to be put in the dryer when it's emptied; if I don't get to it soon, that load will have to be re-washed...and I have 2-3 more loads to do, including the shower curtain, the throws that are on the furniture to protect it from cat hair, etc.

It was 80° yesterday and gorgeous; it would have been a nice day to go to the park, but I just didn't have the energy. Today it's icky and rainy - good day to stay in and vegetate.

Rosa, I expect it's anything but quiet wherever those students went for spring break! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} Enjoy the peace while you can.

Twinny, that was quite a deal on lunch!

Whisper is recovered nicely but I'm going to have to give him a bath when I get some energy; he has long fur and the medication had given him diarrhea.... {#emotions_dlg.crying} He's up to four cans of Fancy Feast a day and is regaining his lost weight.

Well, cough is starting up again...I guess I'll make some lunch myself, then try and take a nap.

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Respected Contributor

Hello friends! Linda I'm very happy for DD too. It's wonderful that the kids have gotten involved too. It makes me sad to see people just do whatever to lose weight and not make any changes, like Sonya said. I am losing weight but very slowly. I was doing very well but then the last week or so started eating junk and now that I'm sick I tend not to care as much. I skipped boot camp - another night of VERY little sleep. Luckily I got a good solid hard 2 hours of sleep and so I felt better today.

Linda and I had a wonderful breakfast and went to the museum. I've not been to many museums so it was interesting and just the right size - not too big, not too small. We already have our sights set on a couple more outings as soon as we can squeeze them in.

Sonya, DD is having a wonderful time in the snow. I still can't believe she and her friends went up there by themselves! They are staying in a cabin on the mountain right next to the slopes, all I know is there is a fireplace in their room. She said they brought too much food. I'm happy to see her posting a few pics.

My smart phone is starting to get friendly. I accidentally called someone on DH's phone at 2am. Man I felt so stupid. Panicked, hung up. He just laughed when I told him. God's really still showing me I am so hard on myself. I'm waiting for some healing in that area.

I just put a meatloaf in the oven. Mom came up and brought some furniture for Kayla and for our school's band garage sale. She had talked about spending the night but my tooth is hurting and I have to buzz over to the dentist in the morning, so she went home. I love my Mom but I'm glad she went. I am too tired to be entertaining tonight, and a little down. I need some husband time.

Off to get a hot shower and some medicine in me.