Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY)

Good morning, shopping friends. We have sunshine which is very welcomed, along with a warming trend. Warmer temperatures are very welcomed, and I discovered my imagination was not in overdrive when I heard the weather person state last night that our temperatures have been running 20 degrees below normal. Momma Nature has not been kind to many areas of the country as those in Texas and elsewhere can testify.

I didn't purchase anything during the so-called Spring Fashion days. I guess I've lost any desire to shop for wants when facing the cost of the HVAC unit. Trust me people when I say that living on a fixed retirement income is not fun when prices continue to escalate. I scrimp to save to be able to travel some but I see those days coming to an end as soon as my frequent flier miles are depleted.

Congrats to Linda on her purchase of the new ironing board. For those that iron, this is an essential purchase. I try to find things that require little ironing and steam when necessary as I don't enjoy ironing.

Rosa has posted more pictures of the wedding. I posted the link yesterday but don't know if all read it in order to see the pics:

http://redbarnphotography3694.zenfolio.com/p414169377

I'm off to unbox the new microwave. The sunshine is giving me some motivation.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY)

Jean, Have fun with your new microwave. Yes Momma Nature has been cruel this winter. A couple of days ago on our local TV station they said we had below zero temps for 46 days this winter so far & we usually only have 14 days below zero. Plus they also said that we had 54" of snow so far this winter & our usual yearly total is 44". Well, we got another 2" of snow yesterday & another 4" last night. I am having my haircut later this morning. Kind of a spiky style like I have had done twice before. It is easy to manage for me. Then we are going for lunch. I don't want to be "all dressed up & no place to go." DH just got done shoveling the lid of the hot tub off, so we can enjoy after lunch. Now he has to work on the driveway, so I can get to the salon. I did get a look at the wedding pix. thanks Jean. Lovely, just lovely. They are saying we might hit 40 degrees by the weekend for a couple of days. Then back to the 20's again, which is our new norms I guess. No purchases for me either on Fashion Days. I did kind of like the D & Co, knit capris, but the price was more than I was willing to pay. They were very similar to the SS ones that have I several pairs of, but over $10 higher.

Hugs to all of you.

Regular Contributor

Kona, Thank you so much. We are very pleased with the pictures. I was pleased with how I looked, I was a little concerned as to the hair{#emotions_dlg.tt1} but I love how it looked and may have it done this way in the future for special occasions. The MOB was not happy with how her dress fit her, I think she looked great.

Busy day at work, but thanks again!

Respected Contributor

Rosa, it's funny that we are so hard on ourselves when others think we look good. I thought the other day as I got dressed, that I am rarely "happy" with the way I look. I am my own worst critic.

Good morning friends and readers!! Jean thank you for starting us and posting that link again.

Linda I would love to get a new ironing board because somehow DH gets ours gunked up and I have to make him buy us a new cover frequently.

No shopping on my horizon. I am trying to plan a couple days out with friends next week and a couple lunches, and so far everything seems to be working out. I am getting excited to see my friends and have some time off.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--the haircut sounds lovely as does the lunch out. The hot tub sounds great! I completely understand the issue of getting dressed up and nowhere to go. I've been the model for sweats this winter except when venturing out. It takes me a half hour to get ready to go to town...and if it is just to get the mail, that is only a ten minute run. I was last to the Post Office when I went to the city on Saturday.

Kathleen--Time out with friends is important. Enjoy your outing. Hope DH's job search is going well. The right thing will materialize.

Rosa--I thought you looked great as did the MOB. Have a great afternoon.

I have the microwave in place and the old one ready for Good Will for when I go to the city. I just had Midnight to jump on my lap, so I'll need to give him some quality time. I'm wearing those infamous Denim & Co. The pants are now too big as the are two years old and still in great condition so Ill wear them around the house.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning! Glad you have your microwave installed Jean. Hope it gets warmer there very soon. I know you would love our weather right now, but then you would be far from home and work. So, I guess the best thing would be for your weather to improve -- be more like ours. Thanks for your words about my ironing board purchase. I considered it a "need", but I suppose I could have limped on with the old one for a bit longer. The cover was torn, the "feet" were gone, so I felt it was time for replacement.

No big temptation with fashion days for me either. I have plenty of clothes -- too many in fact. That doesn't mean that I'm not tempted by "something new". Hope you can continue to travel, but I know all about living on a limited income, etc.

Hi twinny -- hope you like your hair cut and lunch out. Sounds like a lot of fun. It is a pretty funny image -- having to remove snow from the hot tub, but I'm glad you and your DH get so much use out of the hot tub and enjoy it so much. I'm envious of your ergonomic ironing board, but I have never liked sitting down while ironing (really don't know why, but....)

Your hair and you looked great in the wedding photos Rosa, and the MOB's dressed looked nice as well. Both of you are very pretty ladies.

Sounds like you have a few fun days ahead Kathleen -- hope you are able to schedule some enjoyable activities with your friends. You are right -- we are often our own worst critics. It is important to practice positive self talk, and I'm trying to do so. The other day a lady said how nice I looked, and I didn't fight her, which was progress for me. Not very good at accepting compliments I am afraid.

DH and I are headed to our Mexican dentist this afternoon (just a check-up and cleaning). And, he wants to stop and have a shave and haircut (what little hair he has) at a place near the dentist. In fact, he wanted to leave very soon, but I don't want to spend a lot of extra time there. Not much for me to do except for shop for decorations, etc. I'll stick to American hairdressers.

Waves to Susan, Marijane, Sonya, Nancy, Karen, Arlene, LindaR, Gayle, Val, Kathy, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Jean - Thank you for starting us today, glad for the nicer weather. I am so waiting for spring. Hope you like the new microwave, they are a great convenience. Our temps here are warmer, but I could go for some sunshine, hopefully that will come this afternoon.

Rosa - The wedding pictures look beautiful and fun, it looked like it was a magical night. I think your hair looked great.

Twinny2 - Enjoy the haircut and lunch.

Kathleen - It is a shame we are our worst critics when it come to how we look. I know I am very hard on myself sometimes. Good luck with the plans with your friends.

LindaL - Good luck at the dentist, I always love how my mouth feels after a cleaning, I almost hate to eat after it. Hope you don't have to spend too much time in Mexico after the appt.

Well off to get some caffeine and do something constructive. Have a good day everyone.

Contributor

Hello everyone! I have not been on much, frankly I have been spending less and less time (and money) with QVC. Stopped by today to catch up and say hello! Jean, I've lost the pw for Rosa's photos. Maybe you could message me on FB? Hope you are pleased with the new microwave, and Linda, you certainly sound like you needed the ironing board.
Regular Contributor

On 3/5/2014 Rock_chick said:

Rosa, it's funny that we are so hard on ourselves when others think we look good. I thought the other day as I got dressed, that I am rarely "happy" with the way I look. I am my own worst critic.

Good morning friends and readers!! Jean thank you for starting us and posting that link again.

Linda I would love to get a new ironing board because somehow DH gets ours gunked up and I have to make him buy us a new cover frequently.

No shopping on my horizon. I am trying to plan a couple days out with friends next week and a couple lunches, and so far everything seems to be working out. I am getting excited to see my friends and have some time off.

Rock Chick, you are so right about women being thhere own worst critic. I know that I am. The day after the wedding my DH heard me make a negative comment about my apperance and got "all over me" He (of course) told me that I have never truly appreciated how beautiful I am.
I am making an effort to be "happy" with my apperance. I have a dear friend that has done so much for our community through hours of volunteer work that has wasted so much of her time and thoughts on an extra 20 pounds, she is so much more that that 20 pounds.

Contributor

I have been volunteering with AARP's Tax Aide program several days a week, and have really been enjoying meeting people and helping them get the best tax refund possible. The training and volunteering have taken a lot of my time, but that's a good thing. Such a great service for folks. Everything is free for the taxpayer (unless he owes, of course). I'm getting excited about my trip to Israel the end of the month. I'm planning on taking a single carry on for the entire two weeks! While in Israel I hope to buy a pair of Naot sandals, so that's one pair of shoes I don't need to pack!