Super Contributor

The most beautiful older women at the Oscars are the ones who...

…are aging with grace and pride.

It's so sad to see Kim Novak and others who have mangled their faces with elective surgeries. I don't see the men doing that. Why do women do that to themselves?

In your opinion, what makes the older women most beautiful?

Super Contributor

Re: The most beautiful older women at the Oscars are the ones who...

There is a grace and elegance with women who are natural with aging.
Honored Contributor

There's charm at every age. It's probably worthwhile for folks to consider that fact.

Some of the older women who've elected extensive cosmetic procedures must be doing it purely for vanity since many of them are really not vying for parts these days anyway, it seems. Even if they were, there's no way they're going to pass themselves off as ingenues or starlets... I don't have a problem at all with reasonable, limited cosmetic procedures, but some clearly work out better than others.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I fully embrace what both of you believe. The loveliest older women have let nature take its course. After all, she knows what she is doing. To try to maintain "the look" of your youth is a fruitless endeavor. Your age shows, no matter how you try to disguise it. If you have good genes, hurrah! But they are from Mother Nature.

Super Contributor

Meryl Streep was SO VERY beautiful when young, and today she is aging natural and is still so beautiful.
Respected Contributor

To name just two Judi Dench and June Squibb (actress up for nomination for Nebraska - I think that is her name. Theses Ladies are older and look beautiful compared sadly to Lisa Minelli and Kim Novak.
Esteemed Contributor

Goldi Hawn. Why oh why? Just age gracefully.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

On 3/2/2014 gazelle77 said: Meryl Streep was SO VERY beautiful when young, and today she is aging natural and is still so beautiful.

You are so right.

Honored Contributor

Goldie was always so cute....but now she just looks strange

Super Contributor

I have nothing against a LITTLE surgery to perhaps make you look a little better, but like yourself. Don't get these beautiful women turning themselves into unrecognizable wax museum faces. I've seen pictures of actresses and others that I don't even know who they are until I read the caption. Used to be good plastic surgery made you like a "refreshed" version of yourself.