Super Contributor

O/T: IT'S RAINING IN CALIFORNIA! HOORAY!

I was wondering what that strange noise was coming from outside!

Hooray!

Super Contributor

Re: O/T: IT'S RAINING IN CALIFORNIA! HOORAY!

Going to snow here again Sunday, Monday, Tuesday---my mail has not been delivered in three weeks...have to pick it up at PO. Sigh. Long winter....

Respected Contributor

The sky opened as I was driving home and it has been pouring here ever since. Doing a happy rain dance! How lovely it will be to hear rain falling on the roof as I go to sleep.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Super Contributor

On 2/26/2014 JBinRWC said:

The sky opened as I was driving home and it has been pouring here ever since. Doing a happy rain dance! How lovely it will be to hear rain falling on the roof as I go to sleep.

Hi, JB! I'm in SoCal, LA county. I can't remember the last real rain. This is such a welcome event!

Respected Contributor

Keep doing the happy dance!! So glad it's raining for you guys. Hope it keeps coming down.

Honored Contributor

I'm loving it! Our grass was already greening from what we got a few weeks ago...now it's going to look ""normal"" for this time of year.

Trusted Contributor

Raining here too. Love it! Have the patio door wide open and watching it come down. Almost forgot what rain looked like. Hopefully it will continue overnight.
Super Contributor

On 2/26/2014 Alsee said: Raining here too. Love it! Have the patio door wide open and watching it come down. Almost forgot what rain looked like. Hopefully it will continue overnight.

Yes! Us too! I love it! It's the thing I miss most about my east coast life. My friends back east don't believe me when I tell them that I can't remember the last time it rained. That sounds like a cliche, but I mean it literally.

Today I asked my 7th graders if they remember rain and they said, "It rained one day in 5th grade!"

Contributor

Thrilled about the rain.Ventura County here-So. Cal.
Contributor

Know rain as yet but I'm happy it's a coming. I live in So.Cal near Disneyland. My lawn sure Needs it, may look kinda normal. I even thru Some Rye seed on it!