Super Contributor

This morning I was looking at photos taken in the last month or so of attendees at a series of seminars and lectures around the U.S.

It appears the LOGO look style tops are popular all across the U.S. The women wearing them appear to be a good cross section of ages and all sizes.

Regular Contributor

I have seen this look done in better quality fabric and it looks a lot nicer.That rayon spandex combo always looks so cheap!

Regular Contributor

Although I like the style of many of the Logo tops I have never orderd, the fabric looks very thin to me. I don't think that fabric would be flatteing on me. I have purchased a few of that style tops made with fabric that has more structure yet is still drapey. The Logo style is very popular here, a university town in SW VA and can be found at all price points and seen on all ages.

Super Contributor

I've seen the same style in a couple of my mail order catalogs..

same style but different brand...also on one of the other

shopping channels on TV they had that top in reverse on Sunday..long

in front and short in back..that was very different.

Honored Contributor

Definitely. My local Nordstrom, for example, has had mannequins dressed Logo-like in the center of their store for several months now. I don't own Logo, but I didn't like the look or feel of the in-store fabric for me. Too flimsy. Also, Eileen Fisher uses that oversized style a whole lot and even though their things are two, three, four times or more the cost of Logo, on me most of EF looks like a rag. That's too bad because I do love the colors of Logo, EF, etc.

Respected Contributor

Not impressed with the fabric appearance - it looks flimsy to me also. But what turns me off is the way Lori looks when she appears on her shows. I don't really get the layered, multi length look on anyone unless they are very tall and slim. I've never ordered her items, and don't watch her shows anymore. There's nothing there for me.

BTW, I've never seen that look in any of our stores, or on anyone out and about.

Honored Contributor
On 2/18/2014 millieshops said:

Definitely. My local Nordstrom, for example, has had mannequins dressed Logo-like in the center of their store for several months now. I don't own Logo, but I didn't like the look or feel of the in-store fabric for me. Too flimsy. Also, Eileen Fisher uses that oversized style a whole lot and even though their things are two, three, four times or more the cost of Logo, on me most of EF looks like a rag. That's too bad because I do love the colors of Logo, EF, etc.

the LOGO style looks on good on mannequins.....not me....I think the yards of fabric make you look bigger instead of smaller even if you are tall and thin.....it's just a sloppy-looking effect IMO and I haven't seen anyone wearing it where I live.

Respected Contributor
On 2/18/2014 upsidedown said:

the LOGO style looks on good on mannequins.....not me....I think the yards of fabric make you look bigger instead of smaller even if you are tall and thin.....it's just a sloppy-looking effect IMO and I haven't seen anyone wearing it where I live.

That's because fabric is draping across the hard surface of the plastic mannequin body. There is no cellulite, no back fat, and no mushiness at all. It's an entirely different look when it drapes across a fleshy female form. I am slender, and I do not believe the LOGO tops, even if I liked them, would look good on me.

Super Contributor
On 2/18/2014 Favorite Son said:
On 2/18/2014 upsidedown said:

That's because fabric is draping across the hard surface of the plastic mannequin body. There is no cellulite, no back fat, and no mushiness at all. It's an entirely different look when it drapes across a fleshy female form. I am slender, and I do not believe the LOGO tops, even if I liked them, would look good on me.

I agree. Why would I want something that makes me look bigger! I try to keep my weight under control. For me regular tops work. And I haven't seen this style much in NJ. Just a few in Marshall's for 14.99.

Regular Contributor
On 2/18/2014 Perkup said:

Not impressed with the fabric appearance - it looks flimsy to me also. But what turns me off is the way Lori looks when she appears on her shows. I don't really get the layered, multi length look on anyone unless they are very tall and slim. I've never ordered her items, and don't watch her shows anymore. There's nothing there for me.

BTW, I've never seen that look in any of our stores, or on anyone out and about.

I live in a University town and there is nothing that you will not see here!{#emotions_dlg.scared} Good, bad or ugly.