Honored Contributor

IS THERE ANYONE HERE WHO DOESN'T WEAR JEANS OR T-SHIRTS ?

This is a bit of a confession ....... {#emotions_dlg.blush}

I haven't worn jeans in more than 20 years. Partly because it's too hot most of the year and partly because they are too heavy and make me look like a farmer (NOT to give farmers a bad name). {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I wonder if anyone has given up wearing them ..... anybody willing to admit it?

(In case you're wondering what I'd wear on a hot day, it would be a nice tank top with wide shoulder straps and a capri pant made out that yoga pant material blend ... cotton and spandex). Clean looking and cool ... works for me.

Super Contributor

Re: IS THERE ANYONE HERE WHO DOESN'T WEAR JEANS OR T-SHIRTS ?

I rarely wear jeans or T shirts. I also never wear running shoes(sneakers). Like you, I can find nicer things to wear.
Super Contributor

Raising my hand.

I hate them. They make me cranky and hot.

And I never, ever, EVER wear t-shirts. Most women look terrible in t-shirts. I know there will be many women who pounce on me for that comment, saying how nice they look in t-shirts. I'm sure many of you do, but most women don't look nice in them.

Also, I think that women over 50 who wear jeans t-shirts and omg… sneakers.. are fooling themselves about how they look.

Honored Contributor

rarely.

Honored Contributor

I totally agree with you about jeans on a hot day. I rarely wear jeans in the summer for that reason. I love my jeans the other 9 months of the year.

Respected Contributor

I never wear tshirts but I live in my jeans and my denim capris. Love them!

Honored Contributor

Tinkrbl44, what you describe are the jeans of many years ago. Jeans have changed a lot since then. So have "t-shirts." They are not all the shapeless shirts you recall. There are many more options available now.

I recall going for a while w/o jeans many years ago. Not sure how long it was but I felt the same way as you. When I tried some on again there were so many options. I live in a warm climate & love lightweight jeans for summer.

Respected Contributor

I do not wear Jeans as it is also too hot where I live and for me they are too uncomfortable. I do have very cool, comfy crops and capris - none denim material though. I also love skirts during out hot summers here in AZ. My kids who live in CA live in their Jeans and they do look nice . It is good we all have our own choices.
Honored Contributor

On 2/12/2014 willdob3 said:

Tinkrbl44, what you describe are the jeans of many years ago. Jeans have changed a lot since then. So have "t-shirts." They are not all the shapeless shirts you recall. There are many more options available now.

I recall going for a while w/o jeans many years ago. Not sure how long it was but I felt the same way as you. When I tried some on again there were so many options. I live in a warm climate & love lightweight jeans for summer.

I was also wondering what was meant by "jeans" and "t-shirt's"? If you mean shapeless short sleeved pastel cotton crew neck tops then no I wouldn't be caught dead in one of them! ....but I like wearing vibrant jewel tone, v-neck, scoop neck or boat neck fitted tees.

The last few tee shirts that I purchased on sale the end of summer from Talbots were very well made. I bought one that had a beaded scoop neckline in a rich lapis blue. I also purchased a solid green & solid medium blue with a cut design in the neckline on sale for a great price with a coordinating 3/4 sleeve floral cardigan which I haven't worn yet but was too pretty to resist.

....so what is meant by t-shirts? Besides tanks what do you wear in warm weather?

Jeans are also subjective but no I don't wear them when it's hot out but since it's winter here with more snow expected tomorrow then yes I wear jeans but they fit well and are comfortable.

Esteemed Contributor

I think we can often be wrong when we make "blanket" statements.

I feel much more confident in jeans that any other type of clothing. Does it take maybe trying on 50 pair before finding just the right ones? Yes! But it is so worth it!

As for t-shirts--don't be thinking of men's Hanes boxy underwear that really do look like a "T". Rather, a cute fitted t with cap sleeves can be a mainstay in a women's casual wardrobe.

I don't wear long jeans in the summer--they are too hot, but the other 9 months, well, I live in my jeans.