Valued Contributor

Use to when I ordered I wanted QVC to send it by UPS because they were quick & reliable. Last few months tho it seems they don't really care if they get your stuff to you or not! I have 2 packages that are here in town & have been for several days. The roads are dry & clear in front of my house. The road between UPS's building & my house which is only about 3 miles, is clear dry & they keep putting on the delivery status that due to inclement weather they cant deliver. We are not having weather as bad as the rest of the country. It's like they don't care about service anymore. I have called the 800 # & asked that they just leave it there I will pick up but every morning I look & they put it back on the truck around 5 to be delivered. Getting really tired of this. Oh I can watch the trucks go by every morning as they go to the interstate! That is how close I am to them. I cd stand by the road & they could just toss it to me!! LOL Guess I will just not order anything else till the weather gets a little warmer!

Honored Contributor

Re: What has happened to UPS?

They have been doing that to me since about Thanksgiving. Packages are days late and when you look at the tracking they are sitting in Oklahoma City for days and days and days! That is IF they ever make it out of Dallas.

I get these e-mails about ""weather"" too when I know where the package is and it is pure bologna that they can't get it here because of ""weather.""

I use them less and less when I have an option.

Frequent Contributor

I don't what is going on with UPS. I continually get a 'beyond UPS control' with tracking information regardless of weather conditions. UPS of about four months ago was blazing fast for me. Not now. Hope the delivery improves.

Honored Contributor

Do you live near me OP?? I had this nonsense here for the past few days-- Exception beyond the control of UPS!!

I went and visited their local Hub this morning and picked up 4 packages from the Q; the guy I spoke with who was in their Customer Center told me that when the sun goes down, the road freezes and black ice is a danger, so rather than the trucks and the drivers having problems, the dispatcher calls them back to the Hub for the night ahead of the delivery time end of day schedule.

Finally had enough of this and contacted them and they said I could pick the packages up at my local Hub.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Super Contributor

We've had trouble with UPS, too, since around Halloween. I had ordered an item on clearance from another store, and it was sent out UPS to my home. I kept checking the item status, and the day it was supposed to be delivered, they said "1st attempt". I got home, no notice, etc., and waited. The 2nd day, no truck, but my account was updated to "2nd attempt". I called UPS and got nowhere with them. The next day I stayed home yet again, waiting for my delivery. About 6 that night I went online and checked ... it had been "returned to sender after 3 failed delivery attempts." I called the store, and they couldn't help me because they're undeliverables are sent to the warehouse clearance center. Long story short, if I don't have a choice of carriers, I have my packages sent to the library.

I'm not sure what's going on with them, because they used to be my first choice. Now they are my very last.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for all the info...I guess I will drive up & try to get them to take it off the truck so I can finally get it!! Don't want them to send it back! From now on I will try to pick any other service but UPS so maybe I can get my stuff!! My problems started with them just before Thanksgiving. I know everyone was really mad at them at Christmas. Oh and one thing I thought about...so ok they go back in say at 5 because of black ice...why don't they start back the next day with deliveries they left off the night before? Why start over with new deliveries? I live IN TOWN...not out in the country! Abt 3 miles from them! Geez who runs this place anyway. They maybe need new management or to change the way their deliveries or set up! Any other place doing business like this would never make it!

Honored Contributor

On 2/6/2014 henny said:

Thanks for all the info...I guess I will drive up & try to get them to take it off the truck so I can finally get it!! Don't want them to send it back! From now on I will try to pick any other service but UPS so maybe I can get my stuff!! My problems started with them just before Thanksgiving. I know everyone was really mad at them at Christmas. Oh and one thing I thought about...so ok they go back in say at 5 because of black ice...why don't they start back the next day with deliveries they left off the night before? Why start over with new deliveries? I live IN TOWN...not out in the country! Abt 3 miles from them! Geez who runs this place anyway. They maybe need new management or to change the way their deliveries or set up! Any other place doing business like this would never make it!

That is exactly what I said to anyone over there or on the phone of what they should do!! At least it will prevent the back up of packages and the same people getting the short shrift!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

I am absolutely convinced that they were hacked big time last fall. Things were fine until all of a sudden around November they couldn't get packages to my door, couldn't tell me where they WERE, and simply seemed like their system blew up. They kept saying weather, well it wasn't ALL weather; they would say the packages were on a truck "somewhere" and unloading was slow (really? You can't tell me where my package is?); they said things were in a truck in Dallas or in a warehouse in Dallas--probably; they kept telling me that for a week and I'd call Williams-Sonoma and they weren't getting ANY tracking info from UPS even when they called them!

All of this says to me gigantic computer foul-up! I posted about it in December and a lot of people said all was fine with them and a lot of people said it wasn't! It seemed mostly in the south and southwest from the posts I saw. I am still waiting on something that was supposed to be here last Friday!

Respected Contributor

I haven't had issues recently, but in the past, yes. Dealing with the 800 number was useless to me. What worked was calling my local UPS and dealing with them. Those trucks get packed up so early, you have to call the day before to get them to hold an item off the truck.

Last Christmas I had a present stuck in a UPS Hub for 5 days. It kept getting put on a truck to our local UPS, then was returned to the Hub at least twice. The weather was not the issue. It was absolutely crazy. I tried calling the Hub but no one ever answered the phone. Finally had our local UPS call them.

Honored Contributor

Like any other company, they've had their ups and downs.