Super Contributor

Just received the TSV denim&Co how smooth jean

I had actually tried to cancel the order, but it was already in process so I ended up getting them. You really do have to "shimmy" into it! I was jumping up and down to get them up( imagine the visual!) I ordered the white color. They are opaque and no panty line was visible which is nice! The material is pretty thick, not thin. The fit is quite tight over the butt and hips. Once on, they fit quite comfortably. They are a slim fit! Tight through the butt , hips and legs. They are straight leg, NO tapering that I can see from the knee to ankle. If you want a tight fitting jean, these are them. I am going to wash them in cold water to see how they fit after washing. Hope there is no shrinkage or back they go!
Super Contributor

Re: Just received the TSV denim&Co how smooth jean

I got mine couple of days ago. I did not have to "shimmy" into them. They are actually easy to put on. The bad news for me is that all 4 pairs I got are quite loose on the thighs. The white color, although they feel OK, they LOOK thin -- show all pockets and threads on the inside looking from the front! I like the original bootcut a lot better -- they (the original) feel good, look good; this time around, they just feel and look OK.... the white, not sure if I'll return it......

Honored Contributor

They looked so interesting, I almost bought a pair. But then, when I saw how Carolyn demo'd the way to get into them, I passed. I was worried about it being a hassle if I was out and had to use a restroom! But they do seem to give a nice appearance. Enjoy!

Super Contributor

On 2/5/2014 susan_ca said:

I got mine couple of days ago. I did not have to "shimmy" into them. They are actually easy to put on. The bad news for me is that all 4 pairs I got are quite loose on the thighs. The white color, although they feel OK, they LOOK thin -- show all pockets and threads on the inside looking from the front! I like the original bootcut a lot better -- they (the original) feel good, look good; this time around, they just feel and look OK.... the white, not sure if I'll return it......

The fit probably depends on where you carry your weight. If you have slender thighs, they will fit looser than if you have larger thighs. I am still on the fence about keeping them.
Respected Contributor

How is the length? Did you find them shorter than expected? Longer than expected? I ordered regular after seeing the tall models looking like their pants were too long.

Super Contributor

On 2/5/2014 santorini said:

How is the length? Did you find them shorter than expected? Longer than expected? I ordered regular after seeing the tall models looking like their pants were too long.

I ordered the tall as the average was an inch too short. The tall are an inch too long, but, I can hem them where you can not add length.
Super Contributor

On 2/5/2014 santorini said:

I ordered the petite length, which is 28 inches inseam. I was surprised when I tried them on that they are like 29 inches inseam.... all 4 pairs. I am hoping with several washes, they'll shrink a bit -- like half to one whole inch.

Super Contributor

On 2/5/2014 gazelle77 said:
On 2/5/2014 susan_ca said:

The fit probably depends on where you carry your weight. If you have slender thighs, they will fit looser than if you have larger thighs. I am still on the fence about keeping them.

I ordered the same size as original bootcut, which is a 6. Overall, the fit of these straight leg pants/jeans fit just a little off to me.... including the back pockets placement..... can't really put my finger on it.

ETA: correct the sizing

Super Contributor

I ordered my regular Denim and Co. size and they we're way too small all over. I hate when that happens because it makes me doubt myself. I jumped on the scales and I was 2 pounds lighter than last time. Ahhh!
Super Contributor

I too tried to cancel. I have thin legs, narrow hips, and weight around my middle. These awful pants have no stretch in the waist at all. I will not fight with my clothes. They will get a boatload of returns if you read the reviews. The bottom style of the legs look like clown pants. I didn't even open the second pair, and they both were returned yesterday. BIG mistake.