Regular Contributor

I ordered item A238404 Women with control pants. I love the feel and fit of these trousers. What I am wondering if anyone has washed them. It says on the label to wash and lay flat to dry. How in the world do you do that??? Has anyone just washed them and hung them up instead, and how did they turn out.

Esteemed Contributor

I have two pair and wash in the machine on delicate, dry a few minutes on low, then hang to dry the rest of the way.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Super Contributor

I wouldn't hang wet knits ... I'd be afraid of them stretching. I have a drying rack that fits in the tub.

Respected Contributor

I have many pairs of WWC pants - capris and boot cut leggings - I love them. I wash them on normal in cool/warm water, put in dryer for 5 minutes then hang on a skirt/pants hanger to dry the rest of the way. I've been doing this for some years - they've never stretched - they come out perfectly.

Regular Contributor

Thank you so much for all of your help

Honored Contributor

i usually wash mine on the gentle cycle and then put them in the dryer for just a bit and then i hang to dry......and i turn them inside out prior to washing. on a few occasions i have forgotten them in the dryer and they have run in there the entire cycle. i still have had no problems with them. a few of mine have definitely faded a bit, but that is over a year or so of wear. when they get like that i then just use them for around the house. i keep the nicer looking ones for daily use OR for going out at night.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor
On 2/5/2014 sunshine45 said:

i usually wash mine on the gentle cycle and then put them in the dryer for just a bit and then i hang to dry......and i turn them inside out prior to washing. on a few occasions i have forgotten them in the dryer and they have run in there the entire cycle. i still have had no problems with them. a few of mine have definitely faded a bit, but that is over a year or so of wear. when they get like that i then just use them for around the house. i keep the nicer looking ones for daily use OR for going out at night.

I've done the same thing - I reorder them every couple of years and use the older ones for around the house wear.